Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - OTA NETWORK Status: GlobalTV

View Single Post
post #123 of (permalink) Old 2012-03-12, 02:40 PM
roger1818
Veteran

Location: Ottawa (Stittsville), ON, OTA (DB4e & VHF-HI folded dipole, AP-2870 pre-amp in Attic), MythTV HTPC
Did the CRTC approve CBOFT's application? I was planning on intervening against it (but ran out of time), not only because I thought Global was more deserving, but also because the lower HAAT would be problematic for those further north (on the Quebec side, where a large percentage of their viewers are). CBOFT's problems could have likely been resolved with more power and education on the need for a VHF antenna (CJOH on 13 is one of the easiest stations to receive).

If CBOFT's application did/does get approved, maybe Global could take over channel 9, as it would be much better than 6. This may require some shuffling as CBC may want to put a UHF antenna at the top of the tower (where the channel 9 antenna is) for both CBOT and CBOFT, but the channel 9 antenna could be moved down to where the channel 4 antenna is/was. Alternately, I think channel 50 is available instead (though they may need to move to Herbert's Corners).

Link to my TVFool results is in my profile Homepage URL. I suggest others do the same.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome