Review: Visions Electronics - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 35 33.98%
Somewhat Satisfied 29 28.16%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 15 14.56%
Extremely Dissatisfied 24 23.30%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-04-03, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Review: Visions Electronics

The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience buying consumers electronics at Visions Electronics

This thread is strictly for reviews and is not for discussion. If you have any questions about what belongs in this thread, then please this thread prior to posting.

When you post, please try to include the following information:
  • What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.

Last edited by hugh; 2007-04-04 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-05-16, 12:27 PM

visions

i bought & returned 2 hd tv's from feb07 to apr07.. no problems or hassles from Visions.
I now have a Hitachi 42hdx99. good customer service!
They also seem to have the latest models available in Canada.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-05-23, 04:12 PM
Veteran

Mostly satisfied. They have some of the best deals on old models. Also they are the fastest to offer the new ones. They also carry lots of models that can't be found in BB/FS.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 11:45 PM

Best deals most aggressive in pricing in Western Canada. Their return policy and price protection are good and they have VIP club that gives you 1 % back as bonous on new purchases of $200.00 or more. One other thing to add is for extened warrenty if not used is given back as a store credit.
Overall I think they are great to deal with and have great products, spent at least $ 6 K in the last year and a half.!!!!
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 11:23 PM

I purchased a Hitachi 42 inch RPTV in September 2002 years ago with the 4 year extended warranty for an additional $199 from Visions when it was on Broadway near Cambie in Vancouver. That store is no longer there. After the 4 years was up and not using the warranty I was able to get a store credit for $199 on a purchase of $400 or more on regularly priced items. I have until September 2007 to use this credit but I doubt I may get around to it, as I cannot see anything in the near future I would need to purchase from them. When I purchased salesman was courteous and professional. Deliver was an extra charge but was delivered promptly, unpacked with the package material taken away.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-09-17, 12:20 AM

Never thought I would have anything good to say about Visions after my plasma shopping experience, and momma always said "if you got nothing good to say, don't say nothing at all."

Today I walked into the Grande Prairie location and the salesman, a young guy I always like talking with was there shooting it with another sales person. I asked him straight out if they would price match the Big 4 sale in Calgary and he asked the price and I told him $188 for the Toshiba A2. There was a hum and a haw and the other guy said we can do it but we have none in stock, so sorry we are out. He then promptly walked over to the cell phone booth. Likely story, eh!

The other young guy who couldn't get away then asked if I would be interested in the A20 and I said sure for $244 what it was on sale for in Calgary again this was even a bigger eye opener. Then the floor manager came and said that they could not do that price match due to a door crasher sale. I then promptly whipped out a FS flyer that had it for $199 and said can you beat this by 5% then.

To sum it up quickly I got the the A2 for the $188, price match would have been $189 and change. So good for Visions, there was no big deal, no one said "no" and they restored faith in me.....for now. I think it was inpart to the sales guy. I was also told that he was glad that not all shopers where like me LOL.

Later
Phil

50"PXU,RX-V2700,PF40,HD DVD,Xbox360,BEV HD9200, Epson 720PJ on 106"HD Vivid Pro-Cinema 1.8,Infinity & Paradigms
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-09-19, 01:53 PM

I'm mostly satisfied with their service. I haven't had any problems or really challenged their salespeople so I guess I really have no reason to not like them. PhilD thanks for the insight on bargain shopping. I'll be sure to try something similar the next time I'm in the market.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 2007-12-14, 04:02 PM

I've purchased a number of items from the Vancouver Marine Dr. store and the Burnaby store over the years.

My partner purchased a Sony digital cam about 5 years ago + got the extended warranty which we never used (more about this later)

Bought wireless speakers which I returned for a Phillips boombox a few days later.

Bought a low budget LG DVD player for the in-laws last year.

A month back, got a NuStart remote starter and had them install.

Bought a Pioneer HD DVD recorder last week. Had the salesman promise me the expired warranty for the camera could be used. Took some 4 visits before we could use it.

Generally satisfied other than trying to use the credit above.

Be aware that the rebate on unused extended warranties expires 1 month after the extended warranty expires.

Does anyone have the procedure for claiming against their 60 day price protection guarantee?
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 2008-03-04, 11:50 PM
Veteran

Product purchased: Polk audio RM-30 on wall speakers.
Timeframe of the order: February 20th - March 3rd, 2008.
Overall level of satisfaction: Extremely satisfied!
Positive experience explanation: Due to existing long post, see the below digital link for more details.
Negative: The only negative was my personal impatience due to the fact I am new at ordering on line and I found this a long process for a closure of the sale (delivery). I guess this is a personal problem!
Conclusion: Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to the members!

See this one for full details:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...t=80986&page=2
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 2008-03-12, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Posts deleted. Please see post #1 for rules regarding posts in this thread.

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 2008-03-12, 09:52 AM

Thumbs up

I purchased a DLO Home Dock Deluxe for my son in Nov 07 from Visions.ca. No problems at all with the order. I had this product fail about 3 weeks ago. It was past the manufacturers 90 warranty. Called Visions and was told to send it back for exchange. From the time I mailed it back to the time I received replacement was 8 days. Awesome service!
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 2008-11-20, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

We purchased a 37” LCD on sale from Visions on-line a few weeks ago. Ordered it Friday evening; it was delivered by UPS the following Wednesday afternoon. I think we earned 25 Air Miles too. Other than the UPS guy wearing way to much cheap cologne I have no complaints at all.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 2008-12-06, 09:33 AM

Bought my daughter a 36 " LCD from visions. Early X mas present.
Monday Dec 1. I told the sales person I will pick it up the next day.
Went to pick it up Tuesday. The TV was gone. It was the last one in the store
Anothe sales person called other locations and found one. He took $ 25.00 off the price for the inconvience and Gas. Can't complain.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 2009-01-02, 02:27 PM
Rookie

Showed up to the Faithful Avenue location in Saskatoon for the New Years Day sale. I was there before 9:30 A.M. and the sign on the door said they were open at 11:00. Waited there with several other people. When the employees showed up they all walked in and someone grabbed the sign that said open at 11 and changed it to 12. Someone standing at the front of the line knocked on the door and said "are you kidding?", the employee just gave a snide grin and walked away.

I went to another store and price matched what I was going to get from Visions. I told them about the 11AM thing at Visions and just for the chuckle they got from the story they beat Visions extended warranty - with time to decide if I want it or not.

I am sure this is not regular customer treatment at Visions but it was very disappointing and first impressions are lasting because I will avoid them if at all possible for any future purchases.

EDIT - and no it wasn't me that knocked on the door.

RB

Last edited by RapidView; 2009-01-02 at 02:46 PM.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 2009-01-19, 05:02 PM

Visions

Bought a 32 Samsung LCD in Oct they 5% bettered price matched at the time although the sales guy was trying to give me the run around saying he could only better the price match by 4%?? then in Dec FS had their Employee discount sale and my model was on sale for $120 less than I paid. I submitted the 60 day price match. Just received my 'rejection' today, granted I didn't read the 'must be post marked within 60 days of purchase' as literally as i should have (I dropped it in the post two days after the 60 days), however their letter said it was post marked 17 days after I had mailed it. I would suggest anyone wanting to claim their 'within 60 day price match' they make sure they have proof of the date it was post marked.

Another experience I had was I went into their Surrey store, I was holding onto my 3 year old who was sleeping. I was in the store for about 15-20 mins and not 1 sales rep approached me.

I'm not a big fan of FS or BB but the experience for the most part with them have been more positive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in