Unable to print to wireless printer from iMac - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-11-23, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Unable to print to wireless printer from iMac

I am unable to print to my Canon MP560 wireless printer from my iMac. I used to be able to, but it seems like it is hit and miss. I don't have any problems from my wife's Windows laptop. Usually when I am not able to print, I just reboot the printer and the iMac will be able to print. Now in the print queue all I get is a "printer is busy" message. I have deleted the printer and re-added it, but with no luck. I know I have the correct IP address, as I have confirmed this on my router and PC. My iMac is plugged directly into my router and the laptop is connecting with wifi, this shouldn't have anything to do with it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-11-24, 01:44 AM
Veteran

Are you using Lion?

Lion "broke" the wireless printing with some Canon printers from the "Lionized" Apple apps (the ones I've noticed are Preview - printing out PDFs - and TextEdit). So - I use PDFpen now for printing PDFs.

Not sure if the ball is in Apple's or Canon's court to fix, but it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-11-24, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Yes, I am using Lion. However, I am unable to print from all software/app on my iMac. It doesn't seem to be connecting to the printer correctly.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-11-24, 11:43 PM
Veteran

I had that problem a while ago, where it would just stop connecting in all apps.

I finally assigned a fixed IP address to the printer, and then in the Printer Prefs, added that IP address (10.0.1.99) as my wireless printer - seems to have solved the random drops of the printer.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2011-11-25, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks for the help. I will try to assign a fixed IP to my printer. Hopefully this will work.

Tags
imac , printing , wireless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in