Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Price increase in 2012?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Apukwa 
#1 ·
For what it's worth, a member on the French Videotron forum reports getting a letter from the company informing them of a $2 increase for Illico and a further $2 increase for Internet service.
Has anyone else here received this letter?

#2 ·
I received the letter 2 weeks ago. When I called to ask what the increases were for I was told the Internet increase is for the increase in gb for the high speed package and the increase for TV was for the additional stations they have added. I asked what additional stations and was told TVA sports. When I mentioned that they still have not launched the new illico, had less HD stations then Bell they just gave the stock answer of changes coming soon! Been hearing the same thing for 6 months now.

#3 ·
Yes, I just got it. I don't hate Videotron but I should compare Bell's new Fibre service and see how it stacks up to what I currently have (Basic, U.S., CNN, HGTV, Food, Space, Oprah, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet, Zeste, all HD channels).

I want more English HD options but I don't feel like Videotron is going to give me any soon...

#4 ·
I got the same letter. I was checking out the Bell forum and it looks like they are getting a similar increase in January too, $2 internet + $2 telephone + $3 satellite. It's not clear if Fibe TV is getting a similar increase.

I checked out Fibe TV and although they have more English HD, they have a lack of french programming. I'm an anglo with kids in a french immersion school and I want to expose them to enough french to help their bilingualism.

#5 ·
Last year's price increase to internet was a lot more tolerable as Videotron simultaneously increased the usage caps (and speed for some). This year? Nothing so far...

Not really all that interested in a speed increase (from 8MB/s), but would love to see my data cap jump from 50GB to... 75?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.