ON/MI - Windsor, Detroit, Sarnia, Leamington, Chatham - OTA - Page 97 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1441 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 02:22 PM
Rookie

YESTV (CITS) is testing 19.1 in London now, so its on 19.1 and 14.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-10, 10:36 PM

Decades fan's get ready your channel is returning to Detroit TV.

Starting this fall Decades is being added to WJBK Fox2 @ 2.5
post #1443 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-11, 03:57 PM

Also TVO is still there but seems at lower power then at rf32.To receive it you need to point at Harrow is how I rec it.

Its not omni direct. like on rf32.If your pointed at Detroit you prob. wont get it.Which sucks cause most have no rotor.

post #1444 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-12, 07:01 PM

Any idea when WUDL is moving off 19? can't get tvo since it moved
post #1445 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-12, 07:19 PM

@TechD stack

Ok Im on vac. this week and am experimenting to get WGTE Toledo PBS rf29.

Antenna{ Clearstream 4V w/VHF kit no amp 20ftup presently.Location east Windsor/Ford test track park area.

I was first going to move the ant. to the back of my yard where there is more open sky toward Toledo which is about 55 air miles away according to tvfool.I declined this idea bc would have taken at least 100ft of rg6 so I guessed the loss from the long run wouldnt be worth it.

I decided to get the mast pipe higher some how where it is located presently.Ive seen posted many times even 5 ft higher can help.The higher the better of coarse.

So I managed to get it up 5-7 ft higher is my estimate.Did a scan on myLG and not only got WGTE but also WNWO24 rf23 Toledo.
WNWO was iffy bc of the repack it also share the freq with WUDL LP Detroit.

Both in at 60% signal solid for the last 4 hours.My one problem is WTOL and WTVG both in weak on vhf at 34/35% bc of the crappy
vhf kit .At some time i will have to add a better vhf only antenna.But overall I really like this antenna as a UHF long distance antenna probably 3rd to the DB8e and the 91XG.

But for now Im happy to get at least 4 of the Toledo stations at my location along with our local Windsor/Detroit channels off the side of the antenna.Even through the thick follage.

Looking forward to some tropo to see if the added height will help pull in some distant DX stations in the next little while.

Hope this helped some local OTA enthusiasts with there own antennas and what we can receive here in Windsor/Essex county with free tv.
post #1446 of 1446 (permalink) Old 2019-07-12, 08:07 PM

@frenchophile

If you can turn your antenna toward Harrow for TVO rf19, thats how Im getting it pretty good.I dont know when WUDL moves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in