CBC and The Score complain to CRTC about TSN2 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 11:48 AM

The score is finally moving there buts, they've changed all there sports update shows to actual HD, have tons of college football, and have reduced the size of the ticker during events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 12:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
The score is finally moving there buts, they've changed all there sports update shows to actual HD, have tons of college football, and have reduced the size of the ticker during events.
1 NCAA game/week is tons of college football? Gimmie a break. They should be showing 2-3 games per week at least, or give up their license to someone like TSN2. I still can't believe Aussi Millions Poker is more popular than Collede Gameday.

Edit:ESPN (the main channel, not 2 or U) has the following games this week, of which we get 1:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and 2 Saturday night...5 games. There's also 4 ABC games this week, and The Score could probably pick the best one of those to show as well, but they don't.
Im actually emailing The Score today to complain about their lack of coverage.

I haven't noticed a reduced ticker, but will watch on thursday.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 03:20 PM
Veteran

If you like NCAA, how about the impending arrival of CBS College Sports channel and the Big Ten Network?

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-29, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

What does this have to do with the CRTC complaints against TSN2? Maybe I should apply to be a moderator.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-30, 12:31 PM

I think the point is that The Score is complaining about TSN2, but The Score does little to be competitive with TSN on the live events front.

Most of the NCAA games shown on The Score are already in HD on the Super Sports Pack, which does show a decent amount of NCAA games, although they could show more, especially in HD, as there are few other sports on Saturday afternoons at this time of year.

As for CBS College Sports, they get the bottom of the barrel games. If you like watching Navy football, it's for you (they have an agreement to show all Navy home games).

Big Ten Network is OK (I'm not a Big Ten fan), but it's regional, so you'd only get one or two football games a week. Most Big Ten games are at noon, and the rest are usually ABC or ESPN games shown nationally. There's a lot of filler on both of those channels.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-09-30, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

The Score's license doesn't allow it to be competiive with TSN. Half of their live sports must be Canadian (which I think is their current limiting factor) and live sports can make up no more than 15% of their schedule.

I still think you guys should start a NCAA football thread.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 2008-12-13, 12:21 PM

Complaint Dismissed

Complaint regarding the launch of the digital channel TSN2
from December 12, 2008.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 2009-01-15, 07:02 PM

Not sure why I can't edit my previous post but the CRTC seems to have changed the link
This is the new address
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2008/db2008-352.htm
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 2009-01-15, 07:25 PM

CRTC updated their numering structure at the start of the month will killed all old links.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 2009-07-16, 01:07 PM

The Score also tried to block entry of CBS College Sports (CSTV at the time.) It was ridiculous - the Score claimed overlap but it simulcasts ESPN-related basketball and football games while CBS CS has mutually exclusive contracts that include MWC and C-USA football and basketball and a broader set of schools for other sports that the Score has not traditionally broadcast.

Speaking of which, any word on whether Shaw Direct will add CBS College Sports?
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 2009-09-01, 09:03 PM

Any news on wider offering of CBS College Sports?

Thanks.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 2009-10-28, 01:06 PM

Any word on whether Shaw Direct will add CBS College Sports?

Tags
cbc , crtc , the score , tsn , tsn2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in