How can they verify ???????
BEV system is smartcards
and STARCHOICE is chip embeded even if the CRTC agreeded to stop that practice there are no ways to verify on wich dish a system is installed
As long as it's only *AT ONE RESIDENCE AT A TIME*, there's probably no problem. If the satellite companies get creative, they could do something like so...
- sell 2 dishes+receivers
- activate the unit at home, but not at the cottage
- customer logs on to satellite service website and selects choice B
- customer drives to cottage and turns on his TV
- the home account gets de-activated, and 1 second later, the cottage satellite receiver gets activated
- customer drives to cottage and watches satellite TV at cottage
- just before leaving for the drive home, customer logs on to satellite service website and selects choice A
- the cottage account gets de-activated, and 1 second later, the home satellite receiver gets activated
- customer drives home and turns on his TV
Anybody see anything wrong with this model that I don't? Very similar in concept to some software licences that allowed a copy at work and a copy at home, as long as only one was running at any time.