Citytv NOW and FX NOW Streaming Services - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Citytv NOW and FX NOW Streaming Services

I Want My Citytv and FX NOW! Citytv NOW and FX NOW Streaming Services to Deliver Current Hits and Past Favourites

Whether you missed an episode last night or an entire season last year, it’s not too late to catch up. This Fall, Rogers Media brings current and past seasons of favourite shows to Canadian audiences with Citytv NOW and FX NOW – companion streaming services that deliver an immersive, bingeable, on-demand TV experience that viewers love.

“Marrying the immersive experience of premium and prime-time television with the immediacy of on-demand, the Citytv NOW and FX NOW streaming services are a natural extension of the viewer experience,” said Colette Watson, Senior Vice President of Television & Broadcast Operations, Rogers Media. “With immediate post-broadcast catch up and binge-anytime content from current and past seasons, this is also an exciting opportunity for our sales partners to align their brands with the shows that audiences are actively seeking out, and a great way for television service providers to enrich their offerings for subscribers.”

Ad-supported and subscriber authenticated, the rich content on Citytv NOW and FX NOW will be available online (Citytv.com and FXNowCanada.ca), on mobile apps for iOS and Android (Citytv Video and FXNOW Canada app), TV Everywhere platforms, and on Video-on-Demand through set-top boxes to distributors across Canada to enhance the value of their television subscriptions.

Citytv NOW
Audiences come to Citytv to laugh, cry, and cheer with a dynamic mix of comedy, drama, and reality shows. Citytv NOW delivers these prime-time hits, anytime. Highlights include:

* New episodes are available immediately for all current prime-time series
* Drama and comedy lovers can go all the way back to the beginning of Citytv’s current hits
* Reality TV junkies can binge their favourite star-making performances
* Citytv NOW will be a destination to discover new original series that haven’t aired on Citytv

FX NOW
After rolling out the streaming service to American TV subscribers in 2017, this Canadian enhancement represents the brand’s first international expansion, offering even more of what TV lovers want. Highlights of FX NOW include:

* More than 500 bingeable episodes of premium content – on-demand and continually refreshed
* New episodes are available immediately for all current series
* FX NOW prime-time content is exclusive and can’t be streamed anywhere else in Canada
* FX NOW launches with American Crime Story, American Horror Story, The Americans, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, Feud, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Legion, Mayans MC, Pose, Snowfall, Taboo, and Trust
* All previous seasons of current titles and spin-offs
* Exclusive sneak peeks of some series in advance of a linear broadcast debut on FX

Rogers Media Press Release

Note that "subscriber authenticated" means that you will have to use the username from your cable/satellite provider - this isn't an alternative to a cable subscription.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 03:27 PM
Veteran

This is awesome news, thanks for sharing Dr. Dave!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 04:37 PM
Veteran

Unfortunately FX Now is not available with to many providers yet. Bell and Shaw are not on the list.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 05:12 PM
Veteran

It would be nice if they launched an ad free OTT service. Don't see it happening soon because it appears that FX Now is not OTT in the US yet. Rogers' shutdown of Shomi makes it unlikely that FX content will show up OTT from Rogers.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 05:55 PM

I think it is on Bell satellite. At least I am subscribed.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 05:58 PM
Veteran

No access with Bell subscription for now. Maybe soon.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 06:02 PM
Veteran

Bell has FX. It's probably just not in your package.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 06:06 PM
Veteran

I think that this thread is about FX NOW streaming service not FX channel in the tv subscription package.
To access this service tv provider has to be listed when signing in to FX NOW service.
For now Bell is not FX GO provider. In order to do that Bell would need to sign an agreement with Rogers and pay Rogers so Bell customers can access this service.

Last edited by bev fan; 2018-06-04 at 09:25 PM.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-06-04, 09:05 PM
Veteran

I misunderstood the reason for not being able to access it. I assume FX would need to be in a subscriber's TV package in order to access FX Now.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-15, 04:20 PM

Just logged into FX Canada app and authorized with Telus as TV provider. The problem is, I am only seeing two TV shows listed : Pose and Snowfall.

Are they only allowing two shows to be seen? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-15, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

@dufferdan the full service with the extra content doesn't launch until this fall - see the first paragraph.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-16, 12:00 PM

Great news, I am hoping to watch the Simpsons from season 1!
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-16, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

@liverpool Don't get your hopes up too much. The Simpsons never granted streaming rights to Global, even for current episodes. I don't know if that was the policy of the show's producers or because it was such an old contract that it didn't include streaming when it was originally written. I read an interview with a Rogers exec that they are purchasing stacking rights for City TV when they are available.

FX Canada is a little more straightforward because Rogers Media just has one supplier to deal with - FX U.S.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-16, 06:47 PM
Veteran

Unfortunately FX Now does not list Shaw as a service provider. I can log into City using Shaw as the service provider, but unfortunately I cannot cast using Google Chromecast so again it doesn't meet my needs. Pity as it helps pass the time during rainy days out at the lake.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 2018-07-16, 07:02 PM
Veteran

It does not list Bell and Vmedia as well. Maybe once the service starts more providers will join unless Rogers will want too much money for the FXGO.

Last edited by bev fan; 2018-07-16 at 08:54 PM.

Tags
citytv , fx canada , rogers media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in