Corus to launch Disney Channel in Canada - Page 24 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #346 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-10, 10:14 PM

Anyworld Will Launch Watch Disney Junior and XD APP?

M.Lausmann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #347 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-12, 09:08 PM

Updates for Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD from Friday November 13-Wednesday November 18
Friday 13
Disney Junior;
Jake and the Never Land Pirates:Shark Attack; Captain Hook's Colossal Collision
Miles from Tomorrowland:The Space Trader; The Quantum Cup
Doc McStuffins:Lambie Gets the Linties; Moo-Moo's Tutu Boo Boo
Sofia the First:All the Sprite Moves
Disney Channel;
Bunk'd:Can you Hear me Now
Descendants:Wicked World: Puffed Deliciousness
Girl Meets World:Girl Meets Belief

Saturday 14
Disney XD;
Wander Over Yonder:The Less Screw;The It
Phineas and Ferb:The O.W.C.A Files (1 HOUR SPECIAL)
Pickle and Peanut:Pigfoot; Tae Kwon Bro
Lab Rats:Bionic Island:Lab Rats; On the Edge (1 HOUR SPECIAL)
Star Wars Rebels:Relics of the Old Republic
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy:Hitchin' a Ride

Sunday 15
Disney Channel;
Descendants:Set it Off (Special)

Wednesday 18
Disney Channel;
Mickey Mouse:Feliz Cumpleanos!

Disney Channel Movies;
Saturday:Invisible Sister
Sunday: Descendants

Also, Disney Channel is part of the Fun Stuff Bundle right now on Shaw Direct, but I suspect that they will move it to a new pack called the Disney Pack soon. I think it depends more on what Corus wants to do with it.
post #348 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-13, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelarrow View Post
I expect disappointment due to it being a Corus opperated channel. 57, this may seem like an OT rant, but it goes to the heart of it: Corus is cheap & lazy in their programming/commercials, smeeearing their shows across as many channels they can. 'Just For Laughs Gags', 'AFV', 'Wipe Out' airs on CMT, YTV, ABC Spark. ABC Spark airing WNetwork's 'Your House, My Money' is ill-fitting Cancon for the above reasons. I don't trust them NOT to overlap. Also hate inaccurate scrolling closed-caption by Corus.
Cosmo-TV also airs "My House Your Money" and ABC Spark and W-Movies air "love Trap". Now 5 Corus channels are airing "Just for laughs Gags", CMT, YTV, Disney Channel, W-Movies, ABC Spark. That's pretty bad for a media company that owns over 15? channels and now the biggest kids brand in Canada

post #349 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-13, 07:48 PM

I personally think Corus has to sit down with all staff and start over on all channels and base them out how they should be like with Cartoon Network and Teletoon. They really need to do that with YTV and Nick and some of the other channels soon.
ParamountChris likes this.
post #350 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-13, 08:32 PM

Exactly, with Corus spreading shows to multiple Corus-owned channels. They are bad at CanCon. i don't mind the scrolling subtitles but i also see it on some Bell-owned channels and US channels sometimes. YTV has all the new Nickelodeon programming while Nick has 90's, 2000's and re-runs of newer ones. if they dump Nick then all the shows like "Rugrats", 'Drake and Josh", etc. would move to YTV or not at all, then Nick would get a rebrand to something else.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2015-11-13 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed. Please don't quote the post above yours.
post #351 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-14, 08:13 PM

Or, another thing that could happen that Corus should have really done with Disney XD and Disney Junior is to switch all the programming on YTV to Nick and then put all Anime/YTV original content on YTV. They could have also rebranded Treehouse into Disney Junior so they didn't have to add another channel and Disney XD could have been some other channel that is just there like W Movies or Sundance.
post #352 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-14, 08:32 PM

Exactly, or british shows would show up to YTV. W Movies is far better than Cosmo, take out Cosmo.

Last edited by 57; 2015-11-15 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #353 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-14, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesuisJake View Post
Also, Disney Channel is part of the Fun Stuff Bundle right now on Shaw Direct, but I suspect that they will move it to a new pack called the Disney Pack soon. I think it depends more on what Corus wants to do with it.
Then how come it doesn't show it on shawdirect.ca ? Telus has a Disney bundle seprate from the normal "Family Time/Kids Time" bundle

Last edited by 57; 2015-11-15 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Massive Overquote Shortened.
post #354 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-14, 09:29 PM

They don't show it on the package because, it is on Free Preview, they never show a Channel if it is. However, they always mix up La Chaîne Disney with Disney Channel and vice versa. I personally do think however they will make a Disney Package or a Corus package because Shaw Direct's Kids lineup is getting too large.
(Current Package)
Family WEST AND EAST (HD EAST)
Family CHRGD
Family Junior (SD and HD)
YTV WEST AND EAST (HD East)
Teletoon West and East (HD East)
ABC Spark (SD and HD)
Disney Channel (SD and HD)
Cartoon Network (SD and HD)
Treehouse
TCM (SD and HD)
Comedy WEST AND EAST (HD East)
GSN
Nickelodeon
Not only is it Shaw Direct's biggest package, but you get so much for it just being a Bundle. I don't think they will add Disney XD and Disney Junior into that... Two big of a package then.
post #355 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 12:33 AM
Rookie

Corus should move all main Nickelodeon series to Nick Canada and YTV should get a block similar to TeenNick's The Splat and also launch a french language version of Nickelodeon since they also had the rights of the series in french but doesn't have a channel for it.

I don't agree about Treehouse TV rebranding as Disney Junior, however, since Treehouse is more popular in Canada and doesn't look like a channel that can be rebranded as a Foreign-brand channel either.
ParamountChris likes this.
post #356 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 02:08 AM
Rookie

Corus should just replace Nickelodeon Canada with Disney XD, since theres obviously no signs of new Nick shows airing on Nick Canada. If such end has come for Nick Canada, they could pull a Teletoon/Retro and have many of the classics air on YTV, in addition to airing new Nick content. Hell, when you think about it, what Teletoon is right now (solid originals, anime, superhero cartoons, classic cartoons and "Goosebumps") is what YTV was years ago.
post #357 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 02:38 AM

I doubt they will be touching YTV, Nickelodeon or Treehouse - they just spent money on creating TV everywhere applications for them. I'm sure they wouldn't have pursued with the apps if they knew that they would rebrand in a couple months. Personally, I think that it will be W Movies and CosmoTV rebranding or else they'll just be launching new channels.
post #358 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-15, 01:22 PM
Veteran

Disney XD and Disney Junior are likely going to be new exempt category B channels.
post #359 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 02:07 AM

Exactly! What's the point of them re-branding one of their "High Profile Channels" that are actually garbage and never watched and make two brand new channels that brings Corus up to 10 kids channels! Honestly, that is ridiculous! DHX Media is going to have a very hard time getting views if Corus has 10 TV channels. At this point, the only thing that is still okay is Family Channel. Family Junior and CHRGD is in low rating.
post #360 of 415 (permalink) Old 2015-11-16, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc123 View Post
Corus should move all main Nickelodeon series to Nick Canada and YTV should get a block similar to TeenNick's The Splat and also launch a french language version of Nickelodeon since they also had the rights of the series in french but doesn't have a channel for it.

I don't agree about Treehouse TV rebranding as Disney Junior, however, since Treehouse is more popular in Canada and doesn't look like a channel that can be rebranded as a Foreign-brand channel either.
I agree with YTV for TeenNick's The Splat.

Tags
corus , disney , disney junior , disney xd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in