Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

National Free Previews

215K views 387 replies 34 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is to discuss free previews that a channel is offering to all providers that carry the channel.

Please post only those free previews that are announced as national and include a link, if possible.

Free previews that are available on multiple unrelated providers are also acceptable. For example, Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable count as one provider; Bell Satellite, Bell Fibe and Bell Aliant count as one provider. The reason for allowing that discussion in this thread is to alert people that a channel preview is available, since some providers don't publicize their previews very well.

To discuss free previews on individual providers please use the free preview thread in that providers forum:

Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers

A free preview is a cooperative promotion between the channel and the provider, so even if a preview is national, some providers may not offer it.

EDIT: See the last few pages for current previews.

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone
Free Preview Sunday, September 7, 2014
Note that some providers are not carrying RedZone this year
Most providers have the preview, eg. MTS and Telus

Wild TV
Free Preview September 1 – September 30, 2014
Several providers have the preview, eg. MTS and Telus

Fight Network
Free Preview until September 30
Several providers have the preview, eg. Bell and Telus

One
Free Preview until September 30
Several providers have the preview, eg. Bell and Telus

#12 ·
I always enjoy the CBC Documentary free preview in November - however, this year I am thoroughly disappointed!

Most of the programming was on during last year's free preview - barely anything new other than Fifth Estate episodes that aired on the main CBC over 6 months ago!

TVO and Knowledge must be outbidding the CBC for good documentaries these days - every night they have a better line-up.

Oh well, at least I never pay for this channel - but did always look forward to the free preview to catch up on all the "new" programming from the previous 11 months.

#13 ·
Showcase is available on a National Free Preview from January 1-31, 2015.

December Previews available on multiple providers

Lifetime HD – Free Preview December 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014 - MTS, Shaw, Telus
Smithsonian Channel – Free Preview December 1, 2014 – January 31, 2015 - MTS, Shaw, Telus
HIFI – Free Preview December 1, 2014 – January 31, 2015 - MTS, Shaw, Bell, Telus
radX – Free Preview December 1, 2014 – January 31, 2015 - MTS, Shaw, Bell, Telus
Oasis HD – Free Preview December 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015 - MTS, Shaw, Bell
Gusto TV HD - Free Preview Starting December 4, 2014 on MTS, also ongoing on Bell until January 8th 2015

Eastlink is also participating in some of these previews.

#18 ·
I think that Eastlink should be added to the list of providers participating in the free preview listed in post #13. I don't know yet if they have added Oasis to the preview yet, since it wasn't in free preview last time I checked. I haven't checked since Dec. 15th, though.

#19 ·
Hi David,

The purpose of this thread is to let people know that there are national previews in case their provider doesn't notify them. The reason for listing providers where there wasn't a press release by the channel is to confirm that it may be a national preview, so people can check their own provider if they are interested in the channel. The list isn't meant to be all-inclusive.

Each provider forum has a free preview thread where people can post previews for that provider, which may include national previews or sometimes previews that are only offered by that provider.

I'll add a note to post 13.