New Channel "TSN Jets" Announced - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-21, 03:04 PM
Veteran

You might want to reread the posts as there is nothing positive to say about Bell in this thread. Sure, there is no Death to Bell and stuff like that.

hugh said it best.

Quote:
Well, its easy. If you think its a rip-off then don't subscribe.
If you think 10 bucks a month to watch to watch 10 or so games is too much, then don't subscribe but remember, 2 seasons ago, Flames, Oilers and Canucks did not have their own special channel and they charged if I remember correctly 10 bucks a game for their PPV games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-21, 03:21 PM

Location: Oshawa, just off the 401, under a cellphone tower, in the shadow of the GM plant
You are correct, and $14.99 for HD.
post #63 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-21, 03:36 PM

We're starving, they threw us a fricking bone, they only want some pieces of paper with numbers on them. We get the coloured paper from federal transfer payments. Thank you very much.

post #64 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-22, 12:52 AM

I hope most of the $10 per month is going to the Jets and to production costs. If it is, I'm not upset at all.

Andy K.
post #65 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-22, 01:06 AM
Veteran

Talking of which, it would be nice if they would do a proper 30 minute pre/post game. Maybe they aren't during the pre-season...
post #66 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-22, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebowgm View Post
Talking of which, it would be nice if they would do a proper 30 minute pre/post game. Maybe they aren't during the pre-season...
They will during the regular season, I would assume. TSN will have a full studio in Winnipeg starting in October.
post #67 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 10:00 AM

so are you guys saying there are no free options for the jets fans living in their teams regional footprint to watch games for free ?

usually an RSN would carry the bulk of the non nationally televised games for free while X amount could be alocated for some pay per view rip off .

obviously nationally televised games would be free.

I'm in ontario and while the jets channel shows up on my grid it didnt allow me to watch the jets/jackets game last week .I had to watch it on my center ice channel(s).

I get annoyed when paying over 200 for center ice I'm blacked out of a leaf game thats on leaf t.v (refuse to sign up for it)
post #68 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 10:05 AM
Veteran

TSN Jets is free if you have Bell otherwise you will have to pay 10 bucks a month to Shaw or MTS.

Since LeafsTV is available to you, you will have to subscribe to it to get the games. CI is for out of market games. LeafsTV is part of you market so you need to subscribe to it.
post #69 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 10:24 AM

ahh , ok .
so if you live in the jets rsn footprint and have Bell you'd get the channel and the games for free.

and yes , I realize I'd have to subscribe to leaf t.v in order to watch the odd leaf game they televise .I'm not a leaf fan , I'm a new york isles fan who subs to center ice to catch isles games.

when leaf t.v airs a leafs/islanders game I get blacked out because I dont feel like subbing to leaf t.v just for the odd time the isles play.

a small annoyance.
post #70 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 05:39 PM

if all you have is an ota antenna, then you're outta luck. You might get the odd Jets game on Hockey Night in Canada, but that's about all. A rip-off, I say.
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-24, 06:06 PM
Veteran

OTA loses a lot in regards to sports. No CFL, only HNIC for hockey. Whatever the OTA channels show for sports. That is the price you pay for going to OTA.
post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-25, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSgamby View Post
OTA loses a lot in regards to sports. No CFL, only HNIC for hockey. Whatever the OTA channels show for sports. That is the price you pay for going to OTA.
Agreed - why I still "keep the cables attached", unfortunately...
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-25, 11:44 AM

It's only a matter of time before TSN gets the rights to Hockey Night In Canada. Then there will be no such thing as free NHL hockey.

Where I live you can't get CTV ota we only get CBC and Global so we don't even get NFL Football.
post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-26, 10:06 AM

They bought the theme - so why not the history with it?

It will be a sad day when TSN owns all of NHL hockey coverage...
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 2011-09-26, 12:08 PM
Veteran

Well it'll be Bell that will own everything, as they would put HNIC on CTV...

Tags
nhl , tsn , winnipeg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in