Shaw vs. Telus PVR and Services - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-04-06, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Shaw vs. Telus PVR and Services

Has anyone tried the new TELUS PVR service.

I am currently looking to buy 1-2 more PVRs. I will be waiting to see what TELUS offers in our area before buying them.

My preference would be a better priced SHAW PVR, with a larger drive and/or more functions turned on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-04-06, 05:52 AM

Location: Shaw employee. My thoughts are my own and not my employers.
I've heard the Telus service can only support one HDPVR, and a grand total of only two digital boxes per house.

The Pace boxes that Shaw offers have the option to add an external hard drive on the other hand...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-04-06, 09:04 AM

Correct Telus= 2 tvs 1 being hdpvr (single tuner) Shaw as many as you want dual turner hdpvr. The Pace pvr's are just rental units as of Mar 1 not for sale anymore

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-04-06, 09:16 AM
Member #1

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-04-10, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question

Thanks, all input is very helpful. I will look at Pace and also at the Telus thread.

Does anyone from Shaw or Motorola monitor this site? I would like to get involved in thread related to 6416 features that have not been turned on yet.

I chatted with the Motorola guys a couple of years ago. Their response at the time was that the capability is in the box and that it was up to the local provider to determine if they will turn it on.

When I chatted with Shaw, their response was that they could not currently turn it on due to security concerns related to hacking.

I don't see hw interfaces turned on with other providers so expect security concerns are still there. This seems to be back in the motorola court to update their hw or firmware to increase security to level that providers will turn it on.

I'm now seeing advanced capability showing up from XBox 360 and Wii, so interested in whether Shaw and Motorola are planning for any progress of hardware interfaces.

Tags
6416 , price , pvr , shaw , telus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in