Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Shaw Direct 630 Official Problems / Issues / Resolutions Thread. Read posts 1, 2
View Single Post
post #124 of (permalink) Old 2010-09-15, 02:05 PM
jbracing24
Veteran

Quote:
I have gone old school and gone back to locking channels, and hiding them,
What I have done is set up a new Favorites grouping similar to all channels but removed the promo, religious, legislature, and most unsubscribed channels. I do NOT hide the grayed out channels in guide settings as I want to see them and be able to open them up on this new grouping when there is a free preview offered (i.e. Super-stations preview). Also there are also a couple of grayed out channels that are active in the Ontario Value Package. When this Favorites group is pre-selected, it becomes my default guide.

This is the first PVR I’ve owned. My main genre of recording will be auto racing on the weekends. “Search by Interests”…”auto racing genre” will only bring up Nascar related events, which is fine. To find the other auto racing events, I’ve had to go into “Search Alphabetical” for IZOD (Indy car) and FORM for F1. Having extended recording time is essential for Nascar events, as they are often delayed for weather and other red flags. I just hope the maximum 90 minutes is long enough without resorting to Manual Recordings, as I am used to longer recording extensions with Media Center.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome