Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Shaw Direct 630 Official Problems / Issues / Resolutions Thread. Read posts 1, 2
View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 2010-09-13, 04:22 PM
SD 630 Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
2. In the upcoming recordings, I have an entry called Manual Recording 0. When I select it, the detail shows Manual Recording 10429 and the Channel is 0 with a detail of -. When I press enter, it shows the menu with Do not record this episode and when I press it, the item is deleted from the list. When I exit and go back, there it is back again.
Hi osmosis,

That's definitely a quirk of the system. It doesn't affect anything and we're working on getting rid of it. Don't worry about trying to delete it.

Quote:
3. Survivor is scheduled to record 3 times in one night on Wed 22, First: 5:00PM CBSEHD, Second: 5:00PM GBL HD and Third: 8:00PM CBSWHD.
This is normal. Notice that the episode airing on Wed 15 has an episode title, while the one on the 22nd doesn't. Some broadcasters don't send information a full 2 weeks out for certain programs. You'll see this often on certain sports events (where it lists "Teams TBA" 2 weeks out rather than the actual names) and daily Soap Operas.

Once the broadcaster provides updated information, the PVR will adjust automatically and only record the episode a single time. Don't worry about trying to cancel any of the airings on the 22nd.

As mentioned previously, if you find a program that never has correct information, setting it to record "All episodes" on a single channel only is usually the best workaround. Also, let us know so we can pass on the information and try to get it resolved.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome