Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Breaking Bad

32K views 212 replies 53 participants last post by  jshel101 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen this yet? It's on AMC TV. I really like it but the f and sh words are lightly bleeped out. Is this the way it is on the Rogers feed from AMC?

#95 ·
Agreed. Nothing else is in its league. If you weren't convinced already, the last 3 episodes have been among the most gripping (and well-acted) as any I've ever seen.

While "The Wire" was a more "important" show for sociological reasons, BB is my #1 drama series of all time. Sopranos only wishes they could have had this much quality episode-to-episode and season to season. I can't point to a "bad" episode in BB - there's only the really freaking good ones that aren't quite as good as the spectacularly, amazingly good ones.

I've watched every episode at least twice - and they hold up very well also.

#96 ·
:) very agreed. The writing has been really good and what has been going on lately...wow.

Every episode you wonder how it can be resolved. Using that actor from scarface as Don Eladio was a great reference to how this season has played out. Will Walt or Gus go out in a hail of bullets?.... Walt always talks about controlling his own destiny...i cant see him just curling up and wait for Gus to find him...he will go on the offence. Cant wait for it.

#97 ·
I'm thinking that in the end, and this is pure speculation of course not a spoiler, that Pinkman will come to his senses and kill Gus. But that epiphany may come at the expense of Gus killing one of Walt's kid's perhaps. I think next season is going to be very bloody indeed.

#99 ·
…and best supporting actor (Giancarlo Esposito)
Aaron Paul might have something to say about that.

Although, didn't he win last year (2010)? Maybe the Emmys will look to spread the love and honour Giancarlo.
(My reluctance on awarding Giancarlo, though, is that his Spanish is brutal! He's supposed to be Columbian, and a native Spanish speaker, but even my untrained ear can tell that he's delivering his Spanish lines in the same manner that I would - very poorly. I've heard V.Gilligan or one of the show producers confirm my impression that he didn't speak a lick of l'español prior to this role).

#102 ·
Esposito was born in Copenhagen, Denmark to an Italian father and African-American mother.

Nothing Spanish in his blood at all. He just looks the part but certainly does not sound it. I'm sure when they initially cast him they did not have him speaking Spanish this much. The story line evolved this way.

#103 ·
Wow what a great season its been. The finale episode should be unbelievable.
I am already looking forward to the extended (16 episodes) 5th and final season.
I hope Gus stays around for the next season, I really like him in the story.

#105 ·
Yeah, I had to reach for my blood pressure meds during that show. It was soooo tense, and so well written as well. The way Gus has been playing Walt and Pinkman against each other...amazing.

Is next season really going to be 16 episodes?

EDIT: Just looked it up on Wiki. Cool.

On August 14, 2011, AMC announced that Breaking Bad had been renewed for a fifth and final season consisting of 16 episodes that may be split over two seasons.[5]

#109 ·
^^
A highschool comedy, lol.

I don't like that we have to accept that Gus apparently has cameras on everything and he was able to use the cigarette. Doesn't that have other repercussions?

But I have been watching Sons of Anarchy at the same time, and what a night and day difference between a show where you feel tension (BB) and a show where you feel like nothing bad will ever happen to the good guys (SOA).

I do have trouble recommending BB though, actually sort of like The Wire, because they're not fun shows you can just jump into. There are long drawn out scenes, slow periods, etc. I can tell people they won't regret it though. Nothing like you've ever seen.

#111 ·
Oh my goodness the best ending to a season in tv history. Wow that was just crazy. I couldn't believe it. Then that ending just before the credits. Wow.
When Gus walked out of that room and looked unscathed and the camera panned to his other side of his body my jaw hit the floor. WOW
I will miss Gus, he was becoming a favorite of mine. Though on his long walk into the senior centre I thought something was up and could be his end.

Looking forward to what is going to happen in the series finale.
Which is now being apparently going to be 2x 8 episodes. With a break in between. No word yet on air dates. Hopefully late summer for the 1st half then after Christmas for the 2nd half.

#112 ·
Your jaw hitting the floor was probably just ahead of Gus' remaining jaw. :)
When I saw Gus walk out of the room, I was "WTF - how did he survive that?!", but then - oh wow!!

As for the finale itself, I thought it was almost a little too contrived - like too many things had to happen exactly as Walt wanted/planned for it all to end as it did. On the other hand, (a) nothing else he's tried has ever gone quite according to plan, so he was due, and (b) the creative team on BB has earned some creative license to play at the edges of plausibility.

Overall, best season of a drama - EVER!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.