Single stacked vs. Dual stacked dish / LNB - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-10, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Single stacked vs. Dual stacked dish / LNB

Can a receiver be moved between these without requiring a re-set from *C? I want to take a receiver with me to the cottage. I have a round dish stacked single at the house, and picked up a used old style eliptical dual head stacked hoping to use up north. Are they interchangeable asuming I don't need any HD or French? Or should I try to scare up another used Single or Dual head stacked from somewhere to make them match and avoid the headache of calling customer service every time I go away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-10, 02:35 PM
Veteran

The two require different v-codes, so would need to call customer service, thouugh it shouldn't be a big deal since daytime hold times have been basically eliminated.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-10, 02:37 PM

Actually they would not need different V-Codes if they are both Stacked. The F2 channels wouldn't work on the round one but it should hook up fine.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-10, 05:44 PM
Veteran

Oops, sorry.

Too many different dishes for me to remember.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-12, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the info guys, Got my dual stacked pointed right - 98% (after lining up to the wrong sat first time around)

One more question - if I connect the working receiver to the SatB LNB feed at the dish, will I get the french/HD channels or does that require a flash for a different channel guide?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-16, 08:53 PM
Veteran

It needs a v-code for dual satellite. If is already correct for dual satellite, all you need to do is tune those channels.

You know you have it when you have the HD channels in the guide, and a lot of 700s.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-24, 09:00 AM

On a somewhat related topic.

This may sound like a weird question but I need some confirmation on this.

Can a dual stacked LNB (Beer can shaped) be used on a 75E dish? I think it can with some tweaking to adjust the focal point. I'm only interested in the main Anik 107 feeds not the HD/ethnic channels.

HTPC BTV4.2-BM1.1 MSI K8N NEO2-AMD64-1gb RAM-2XPVR250-RADEON 9600XT-2X120GB-200GB-Firefly-MyBlaster-DSR405 & DSR400.
Client MediaMVP MVPBTV addon
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2008-07-24, 09:03 AM

60e LNBs (whether stacked or non stacked) can only be used on 60e dishes. Same goes for 75e LNBs. There are 75e beer can stacked LNBs. That's what all the MDUs use to receive SC. See if you can find a SC commercial installer in your area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in