Need help aligning second dish - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2007-09-15, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Need help aligning second dish

Hello;

My parents recently purchased a cottage and wanted to have the same satellite service they receive at home while there. They spoke to Star Choice rep about this and purchased a new dish, quad-lmb and the rest of the install it yourself package. They were told to align to Sat-B rather then A, for dual dish setup. After much hassle and attempts they are unable to get a signal. Regardless of the positioning, their signal level remains flat at either 17 or 21; and does not change regardless if you point at the ground or in the proper direction. When I examined their satellite at home, I noticed that the tech who installed it attached 3 wires off of the quad lmb, 2 from the Sat - A ports, and one off of the Sat-B port. When I inspected the splitter in the house which these wires connected to, I noticed that both Sat-A and Sat-B ports had coaxial wires attached to them, even though only were actually reaching the lmb on the roof. Could this be why they are having problems? Why would the tech run 3 lines from the dish, and then attach four at the splitter? Are the two from the Sat-A ports not sufficient?

Sorry for the all the questions, I appreciate any help, thank you very kindly in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2007-09-15, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I should also add that my parents previously have several boxes installed at their place, and the 3 wires coming down from the lmb were attached to a 4x6 or 8 multi-switch. Since then though, they have reduced their number of boxes to roughly 4. And while I was over I removed the two coaxial cords attaching to the Sat-B connectors, and they did not lose their signal or any of their channels. Currently , although their are 3 wires run from the lmb outside, only the two Sat-A wires are attached into the multi-switch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in