SC's response on MLB "extra innings" - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-13, 04:43 PM

I can (and I say this as one for whom baseball is my #1 sport). Not even getting into relative popularity, MLB EI will take up a lot more transponder space on a daily basis -- especially if HD is taken into account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 03:35 PM
Veteran

SC only adds channels which are in high demand. "Ask Jim" told me so.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 04:18 PM

Come on Starchoice ... please don't make me go to BEV. I can't deal with COGECO and my 9 HD channels anymore. Step up!!!!

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 06:48 PM

NASCAR

I'm sure there are a lot of pleased NASCAR fans. I know I would much rather have racing than baseball although I like to watch baseball, and a lot of baseball games are already on existing channels. It would be nice to carry everything everyone wants but it won't happen.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 08:00 PM

Isn't every Nascar race on TV? Doesn't this crap just let you see what "Rusty" or "Dale" are looking at from the inside of their car as they make the same left turn for 3 hours?
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
"Isn't every Nascar race on TV? Doesn't this crap just let you see what "Rusty" or "Dale" are looking at from the inside of their car as they make the same left turn for 3 hours?"
Classic comment!

Last edited by Kloraff; 2008-02-15 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added quote tags
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-15, 09:24 AM

Remember Nascar is on what, every Sunday like football? I don't watch it. And Baseball has how many games played each and every day? The transponder space for Nascar is minimal and only for hours each week. The transponder space for MLB is massive.

I for one hope they do not add EI. I like baseball, but love football, and I would not subscribe to NFL sunday ticket as watching non-HD sports is garbage. So unless they were going to add something like 10-HD MLB channels I can't see it.
Now if they can free up transponder space or get on a third bird - then it should be added (if enough people would subscribe)
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-02-15, 11:19 AM

Couldn't they use the transponder space from NHL Centre Ice? The seasons almost completely complement each other. NHL regular season ends around the middle of April, 2 weeks into the baseball season. Playoffs are almost exclusively covered by the regular cable channels. Then the baseball regular season finishes at the end of September, a week or so before the NHL regular season starts. I'm not buying this as an excuse.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-06-19, 01:05 PM

so still no extra innings?
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 2008-06-20, 12:14 AM

nope.
I need my baseball so I signed up for MLB TV and just connect my laptop to my TV and watch it that way. It's pretty good but would much rather have EI.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-01-13, 10:06 PM

Angry requests for MLB Extra Innings

Hi Baseball fans, are you tired of not having MLB EI on Starchoice? How about we all send in requests over the next month and maybe, just maybe they will add it this year! I am going to send one right now to "Ask Jim"
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-01-14, 02:11 PM

Ask Jim response to MLB EI

Well, in typical fashion here is the generic response from Ask Jim:

"Hi xxxx,

Thank you for letting us know of a channel that you would like to see on Star Choice. We have passed on your request to our programming department for review, and we have also noted your account with the request.

Thanks xxxx and have a great day.

Hawa J"
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-01-20, 05:13 PM

Well Crazy Canuck must be from Vancouver because only someone that is crazy would love the Canucks. But that is beside the point. I love how people get upset when people ask questions about adding channels. Just because you ask for a new channel. You think any company Bell Express, Star Choice , Shaw and the others can put it on right away. Do you not understand what steps these companies must go through. The cost of putting new channels on. And how many emails do you think they get a day asking for a new channels. So this reponse you got about the MLB EI, is perfectly fine in my eyes. Instead of bashing this reply. Why dont you write what you wanted to hear? or what you would of thought would be an acceptable reply... Because any new channel can cost up to millions to add...

Why dont you think about that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by IamGOD; 2009-01-20 at 05:28 PM.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-01-20, 05:37 PM

Well Mr. God I wouldn't be bashing SC if no other carrier was offering MLB EI. But since it is available on even some small cable co.'s (Sask I believe) then I don't see why SC won't add it. Many of us on here have been asking SC for quite some time about adding this Premium Sports Subscription and yet they add the Big Ten Network instead (I am sure some love it but I don't recall any demands to have it added).
You must work for SC to have a response like you posted.

(P.S. actually after I read what I previously posted I didn't really bash SC at all, just frustrated)
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 2009-01-20, 06:57 PM

I dont work for Star Choice at all. I just dont like it when i invest 2-DVR530 at 699.00 each and 3 DSR505 for 199.00 into a company and hear people complain about it. I understand you can be frustrated but you have the option to go to another provider. I been with Bell and switched to Star Choice right after my contract. Star Choice is always willing to help out. Now lets flip the problem around. If they added MLB EI and not the BIG TEN NETWORK. This form would be called SC's response on Big Ten Network". You cant make everyone happy but they do make the effort. I mean I only pay something like 10 bucks to get all the possible HD channels. Bell cant match that.. Just me.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in