Loosing shawdirect channels at specific times - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-24, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Alright i am trying my receiver at my neighbors place.
Come to think of it it don't think i will learn anything since it's the weekend.

So yeah no blackouts on the weekends at home of at the neighbors.

Last edited by borrowingtime; 2019-08-24 at 04:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-25, 10:03 AM

Re simsubs and different channel maps. All the channels have an internal number independent of the end label - Classic, Advanced, National. From my understanding it is the internal number that is used in the guide, for PVR recordings, and simsubs. It shouldn't matter what channel map you have.

LONSat
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-26, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quick update. The problem persist and with three receivers and two different plans so i haven't gotten any further since Friday.

That's all i have for now.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-26, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

LonSat. As for the number dependencies and mapping there are differences and even the shaw tech rep that remapped mine couldn't understand the channel mapping he programed in. It's not what he had on any chart.

The fact that it didn't blackout on the weekend even for a sports game feed or a sponsored NFLD fishing show. You have to ask what exactly shawdirect is doing and what is so special about blacking out "The price is right" game show that is in the 11am slot on CBS. I don't watch it but still it's a strange policy.

Only other theory i can see for the time being is that shawdirect's remote programing is incomplete or has a flaw in it. Since one time they had the programing on the techs usb flash drive and the errors stopped until the receiver updated it self.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-26, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

If a mod wishes to close this thread. Then by all means have at it. :-)
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-26, 01:38 PM

Perhaps our resident Shaw Direct expert @k801809 could shed some light on what is going on in our situation.

LONSat
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 2019-08-27, 01:34 PM

I sure can!

Without seeing your account, but knowing your location - you're likely closer to an Ontario station than you are a Quebec equivalent (postal code wise), so you're getting substituted with an Ontario station rather than Quebec. But, being in Quebec, you don't have Ontario stations in your package, so the substitution is coming up as "not subscribed" essentially. I imagine if we add Timeshift to your package, you'll notice that the problem is resolved.

I'd have to see your account, with postal code to fully verify, but these keep cropping up as more customers on the ON/QC border convert to the xKu LNB, enabling more channels to get substituted with.

If you want to PM me your account information (account number or phone number will suffice), I can take a look and I have a couple solutions. You said your neighbour is also affected right?
frenchophile likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in