6Likes
  • 1 Post By RuralRouter
  • 3 Post By ExDilbert
  • 2 Post By 57

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-18, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

My concerns

I really don't know why I pay so much for repeats and same shows and commercials. Where did all my channels go and the new HI channels are iffy. Any time it's cloudy or raining or for reason, the reception is nil. Trying to call takes so long and it's just so stressful. Being a handi-capp or my senior parents are so disappointed and we ask ourselves, "after over 35 years of avid consumers of shaw, why do we put up with this?". The more advanced things get, the worse it gets. Please listen to your life long consumers of your products and services. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-18, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Who did you mean to send this to?

Mike Lang
Administrator
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-18, 06:09 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
I'm guessing it should be in the following thread?

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-...sd-thread.html

Shaw really doesn't have anything to do with the channels though, regarding commercials, etc. That's the broadcaster, not Shaw, although Shaw does "own" several channels.

If it is regarding Shaw Direct, it sounds as though the dish is not properly pointed and a service call to rectify that is in order, or the LNB is not the proper one with all the channel discussions in the thread link below (see the last few pages of that thread). We haven't heard of significant rain fade or other signal issues with Shaw Direct, certainly nothing that lasts longer than a few minutes typically.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-...on-thread.html

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-18, 07:56 PM
Veteran

It sounds like the parents may need to upgrade their receiver for MPEG4.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Jacobson View Post
Any time it's cloudy or raining or for reason, the reception is nil. Trying to call takes so long and it's just so stressful.
Satellite reception may be hindered by trees between your satellite receiver and the satellite. If not that, a service call is required to fix the dish - probably no charge. Since trying to call is stressful to you, perhaps you should communicate with Shaw Direct via their website. Unfortunately, you may have to wait until you get an agent online if you online-chat, but that is common with about any company these days.

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/contact-us/
NovaMan likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 12:06 PM
Veteran

I never had significant issues with Shaw Direct reception. The thunderstorm from hell would cause a blackout and heavy snow or ice buildup on the dish was occasionally an issue. They would happen two or three times a year. Severe weather at the uplink site would also cause the occasional issue. Otherwise reception was very reliable. Bell satellite was much worse for issues like rain fade.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 06:08 PM

I agree with ExDilbert. With Shaw Direct reception is very reliable. As RuralRouter states your reception may be obstructed by trees or
as 57 our Moderator says, " it sounds as though the dish is not properly pointed" . I've had Star Choice and Shaw Direct from year 2 of operation and no such issues. You need tech support.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 10:56 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
OP has not been back to this site since posting. Perhaps she got the information she needed.
RuralRouter and NovaMan like this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in