800 Series New Firmware Update 65.27 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-12-11, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

800 Series New Firmware Update 65.27

My 830 rebooted and was updated this morning. (7:15 a.m. EST)

Usually I would receive a notice for a pending update , but I either missed it or I didn't get the notice.

Here is the Release Notes after the update.

Quote:
Release Notes

New and Enhanced Features:
- Season/Episode Information: A program's Season and Episode number will be displayed in the Guide, when available.
- Language Filtering: Customize your Guide to show All Channels (default), only English or only French channels.
- Play Next Episode: Shaw Direct On Demand will now ask if you want to watch the next episode in the series, if available on-demand.
- Expanded VOD Search: Search the Shaw Direct On Demand library for cast, artist or music titles.

HDPVR 830 Enhancements:
- Team Record: Easily set recurring recordings for your favourite sports teams.

General Fixes:
- A variety of minor fixes and tweaks.

For more information abour your Shaw Direct receiver, please visit
www.shawdirect,ca/support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-12-13, 05:00 PM

Has anybody figured out how to use the "team record" feature? I'm curious to see if it'll work to record all the Duke NCAA Basketball games for the wife...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-12-14, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

I just tested team recording using the upcoming Boston vs Pittsburgh tonight on Sportsnet Ontario (SNE HD 103 classic ).

When choosing to record, it asks if you want to Team record Boston or Pittsburgh. I chose Boston.

I then looked at the upcoming recordings and it showed tonights game (the one I picked). So the scheduled recordings are:

Friday 14 @ 7pm vs Pittsburgh (SNE HD 103 classic )
Monday 17 @ 7:30pm vs Montreal (TSN2 HD 102 classic)
Thursday 20 @ 7pm vs Anaheim (SNE hd 103 classic)
Saturday 22 @ 1pm vs Nashville (SNE HD 103 classic)
Sunday 23 @ 5pm vs Carolina (SN1 HD 107 classic)

So it appears that the team record would work for your chosen team on any channel that they would be playing, as long as you go that route.

I'm assuming that the team record will continue as the guide is updated for future games and there would be no need to set it again for that team.

The only problem I see with this is if the game goes beyond the scheduled guide time. ( i.e. overtime). You would probably not have the overtime recorded. You coud always set it to add extra time on the recodings in an attempt to avoid missing this.

To remove all the upcoming recordings for that team, go into the upcoming recordings, select the game to be recorded, then chose "Do not team record the" Boston Bruins (in my example) and poof, they're all gone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ld_in_ON; 2018-12-14 at 11:50 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-12-14, 12:15 PM

I tried following your instructions; doesn't seem to work for college basketball teams. I don't get the team record options like I do if I choose an NHL game. Oh well; guess the wife will have to continue to manually keep track of her Duke games.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in