NHL Blackout banner? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheHans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-11, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

NHL Blackout banner?

On TSN standard channels I get a banner on my 630 that says "Attention: this game is under regional black out on TSN...ect ect" you can still see the picture behind it sound and all. When you go to the HD channel it is completely fine and no banner. Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know why?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-11, 08:59 PM

What I do is login to the the TSN Web site as a Shaw Direct customer and use my VPN set for Ontario. It lets me watch the Toronto streams because it thinks I'm in Toronto. Use a Flash blocker in case your real IP address leaks. Otherwise, you should have no trouble. I use a paid VPN, but there are free ones like Tunnel Bear, Hoxx (which I personally used for some time) and a free version of Windscribe with a small amount of bandwith. This also works with Sportsnet, by the way.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-11, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Hey The Hans ... Thanks for the reply... Its not a true black out...its just that theres an annoying black out banner on the screen ...but you can still watch and hear the game. I shouldnt be blacked out ... thats the thing. The HD version of the same TSN channel works perfectly... seems like some kind of software glitch. Thanks again for the reply!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-11, 10:41 PM

Oh, OK. Well, if you shouldn't be blacked out, then I guess you're in Leafs land. So if you ever want to watch the Canucks or even the Oilers for whatever reason you might want to do that with the Leafs being so spectacular, keep this trick in mind. :-)
stephimoe likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-12, 12:17 PM

I was able to watch the Leafs last week on Sportnet.ca while in Calf using Windscribe. Easy (and nice)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-12, 06:41 PM
Veteran

I tried Windscripe. It room my off the internet. I went back to Betternet. I had ExpressVPN. It didn't work. Kept disconnecting and the iOS version would not work on the NHL app.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2018-10-13, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

"On TSN standard channels I get a banner on my 630 that says "Attention: this game is under regional black out on TSN...ect ect" you can still see the picture behind it sound and all. When you go to the HD channel it is completely fine and no banner. Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know why?"

So no one else has this issue apparently ... I am always lucky like that! ha ha ha! Oh well

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in