New Firmware version 51.01 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 2017-12-14, 07:55 PM

In my case I have a My Book HD for DVR which has been working fine since the first year the 630 came out though I don't use a battery backup. Both EHD and 630 are now working fine though I watched 2 NFL games last night with lots of skips forward and back, fast forward and even slow motion without problems. I will do some recording and see what happens. Since I have done nothing new to correct the problem (except to delete all recurring recordings) I expect further problems. We shall see---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 2017-12-15, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsnbrd View Post
Thanks LONSat for the reply. My signal levels are fine, around 90 + or -, where they have always been. It froze up again this afternoon while I was just watching live. Did a front panel reset, it got stuck on "hold". Did a disconnect reset, same thing. Then disconnected everything and restarted with the external HD still disconnected (this is what I had to do right after the download) which finally brought it back to life. I deleted a manual recurring timer which seemed to be giving it trouble plus all other recurring timers and connected the EHD and did a front panel reset. It now seems to be working fine but I think I may need to do a factory reset some time.

One would think that the first thing the CSR would recognize when it wouldn't tune to ch 350 is that it was on the advanced lineup, but I guess she was so anxious to stop the criminals with receivers "outside the service area" that the obvious did not occur to her.
I have had some recording problems since the update. Strangely, only the west coast U.S. nets, and only after 11pm EST. What happens is short segments of black, 5-15 seconds, during the late-night talk shows. It may have something to do with poorly placed substitutions, but I have the old LNB, and try to record from the CDN channel to avoid such carelessness. But that’s my only problem
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-09, 01:32 PM

Hello,

I activated a HDDSR 605... The guide WILL NOT load no matter what... Current firmware version on the box is 04.06, Target version is 00.51.01.

Can it be that the firmware version is too old and there is no guide in the stream that is compatible .. so the box needs to update to the Target version 1st before I get a loaded guide?

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Steph

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-09, 03:42 PM

It is possible that is the case, however the guide took longer to load with older firmware versions. If the receiver has been targeted you should be able to force the download but that option may only be available in a more recent firmware version. A call to Shaw Direct should be able to get them to force the download as well. Good luck.

LONSat

Last edited by LONSat; 2018-03-09 at 04:26 PM.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-09, 04:03 PM

LONSat,

Thanks for the response .. yeah its been hours ( 6 to be exact) and nothing, just states "The program guide is still loading. Please try again later."

Yes, I was looking for that option to force the download, but you are correct this current firmware is too old and that option is not available.

Guess I have to be patient and see what it does in the early morning hours.

Thanks again!
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-10, 02:34 PM

Hi again, just an update

Last night @ 2:10 am the HDDSR 605 downloaded the target software like a champ, ALL is good now.

Steph
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-10, 07:27 PM

Glad everything worked out.
stephimoe likes this.

LONSat
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-10, 09:00 PM

Appreciated LONSat
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-27, 10:14 PM

what is the latest software version for the 630. Mine is 51.01, but in the online manual for the new 830, it show 60.52

do these receivers have different software versions. Beside the obvious like the wifi , do both receivers have the same main features or what are the major differences if any

thanks
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 2018-03-28, 02:29 PM

For my 630, I have 51.01
For my 600, I have 51.01 the same as the 630

I have not looked at the online manual for the 830, but from past experience Shaw does not keep their consumer documentation up to date.
Check to see the date published on the 830 manual if available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in