What is minitune? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

What is minitune?

Hi I was in the guide on our 605 (but I'm sure this isn't just for 605s so I didn't post in that thread) and the guide at the bottom said to press the green B button for Minitune. I pressed it but didn't see anything so I looked at the SD website but it still doesn't make sense. It says I can see another channel in the little window of the guide without leaving where I am but when I do it then leave the guide its on the other channel not the one I was on before. So it just seems like any other time I use the guide and change to a new channel. What is it supposed to do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 05:01 PM

It is supposed to change the channel in the miniwindow in the upper right corner of the guide, assuming you don't have the full guide on the screen. So if you started on another channel it will tune to the channel without exiting the guide. It works for me but I don't use it a lot.

LONSat
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-06, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi, LONSat, well I guess it's working then, but then except if I press again on the old channel when I leave the guide it puts me on the new channel whether I want it or not so it seems kind of annoying, I can just click on the channel and do that anyway. Okay thanks for the info.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-07, 12:11 AM

It allows to either sample the channel while surfing the guide or to watch the channel in the mini screen if you want, or need to setup other recordings.

LONSat
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-08, 06:35 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
I think it used to sample the channel but that feature seems to have been lost in a subsequent release. I know that mine just switches to the new channel now same as the ok button but stays in the guide. Maybe some programmer decided that was the way it should work now? Is it worth a problem report? I stopped using it when the behaviour changed. (630)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-07-11, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Thank you kcowan thats what I thought it would do from the descrip. I wasn't crazy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in