Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Why is STEVE WILKOS SHOW being replaced by paid programming on FOXS channel?

9K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  RuralRouter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Why does paid programming sjow in place of STEVE WILKOS show on FOXS? Its been over a week now at 3 pm on FOXS channel 382, I tune to this channel and notice for the first 2 seconds the Steve Wilkos show is airing and starting, then paid programming begins in place of it. This channel clearly shows its airing the Steve Wilkos show
at 3 pm like its suppose to, thats why I choosed this channel in my line up package, so why are they showing paid programming in its place in Ontario Canada? I am paying for FOXS channel and would like the original programming thats aired on this channel please. Anyone else notice this, please confirm. Is it just happening in Ontario Canada? Where can I watch the Steve Wilkos show? This also happens at 5pm on same channel.

#2 ·
#8 ·
FOXS is originally a USA channel with USA programming, thats why i paid for that channel and they've been airing Steve Wilkos show on that channel on Shaw in Canada for years. Shaw should not of changed FOXS's original US programming just because we live in Canada. Any way i could get the USA feed of FOXS from Shaw? I want the original US version please not a Canadian verion of their USA programming,

#10 ·
Did FOXS decided to make this change, why?? US channels should remain as US channels without any alterations to the programming and Canadian channels should remain as Canadian channels without any alterations. Remember, we pay for that channel to be what its suppose to be, the original channel not a Canadian alteration. Sorry i'm being so forward but i believe i'm correct about this.

#12 ·
JUST WANT TO make sure, is FOXS not airing Steve Wilkos for the entire province of Ontario? Can someone in Toronto and also Ottawa confirm if they get or dont get Steve Wilkos at 3 pm on FOXS channel 382? Hard to believe the bigger cities dont get this show on FOXS.

#14 ·
Since the show is syndicated and not a network program, when it plays and how it plays depends on the individual station that paid Steve for the privilege of airing it. The station may have a contract with Steve that limits it somehow or the station gets revenue from the infomercial shown in Canada. In any case, any Canadian media company can only show what it is fed.

Your choices are to either buy a DVR or perhaps the show is available off-air to you if you have a TV antenna and are close to the border.

The Steve Wilkos Show - Watch

#15 ·
I actually do have FOXR and the great show, Steve Wilkos is on 12 pm, not 3pm as on FOXS. Very often i'm not home at 12 pm, and i do not have a PVR. I can't even buy a harddrive recorder with rca video and audio inputs. I don't know why in this modern age they still don't make a compact harddrive recorder strictly for what VCR's used to do in the 80's, 90's for like $99. Well, when the modern age with all its changes kind of fails ya, its time to bring back the 80's. I'm going to connect my video tape recorder(VCR) to my Shaw satelite receiver and record my favorite show at 12 pm everyday so i could watch it at 3 pm. Bye and thanks for your replies.

#16 ·
I'm going to connect my video tape recorder(VCR) to my Shaw satelite receiver and record my favorite show at 12 pm everyday so i could watch it at 3 pm. Bye and thanks for your replies.
Excellent work-around! :smile

I have a $150 US (at the time) DVD SD-Only recorder. It has no tuner, just RCA Video and Audio Inputs. It is a stripped down model. There are DVD recorders with digital tuner for Off-Air recording that have an internal hard-drive.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/elec...vcmRlcnMgKER2ciikie?cat_id=3944_77622_1225174

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_...036920&ie=UTF8&qid=1484237705&rnid=5045935011

Funai DVD Recorder/VCR: Shopko

#19 ·
OTA DVR ordering site-to-store walmart.com

A tip for browsing the Walmart.com (USA) website. It tries to locate the USA Wal-Mart store closest to the web user using the users ISP IP address. As a result, the website indicates that products as either out of stock, no price, or unavailable.

Previously the website would ask for your zipcode and all would be well. Now it is new and improved :frown

Enter the zipcode at the input of this url and then browse.

https://www.walmart.com/store/finder

Using a Canadian credit card is a pain. You must put in your credit card billing address, but must use the USA store's city, state and zip code at the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.