New Firmware Version 48.14 - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-22, 08:32 PM

one thing i've noticed with the new update is when looking at the guide, upcoming airings (option C), it includes ALL the channels, not just the ones I have included in my channel list as it did before. So for the Amazing Race Canada, it lists all the HD and SD CTV channels, not just the HD ones from my list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-26, 11:38 PM

I replaced the batteries on my remote and I still find quite a lag between the remote and the receiver. Its definetely not as quick response as it was with previous firmware.

It has nice little changes and I like the conflit resolution system that allows me to control them without having to juggle with priorities.

I still find the time it takes to delete a show to be too long, I dont know when it cant register it and then do the operation in the background like everything else.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-27, 01:35 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
Two things on Sunday.
1) The Canadian open ran long and was automatically recorded, and
2) There was a recording conflict, and the 630 selected the western feed to resolve it.

Nicely done Shaw.

OTOH, I experienced Shaw Cable on a holiday and realized how far behind we are...every little helps

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-27, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Anyone having an issue with the new search feature? I only use it occasionally. I tried to search for an upcoming program and nothing came up. I used the guide to find the program and I had spelled everything correctly. I tried again searching by specific title and still nothing. I even tried to search for something that was in the current guide window and nothing. I don't use the search very often but the search seems to be broken.

LONSat
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 02:02 PM

The search feature works for me. Does the search circle spin as it searches?
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-28, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

It did spin when I first tried it. I did a couple searches last night and it seemed to work correctly. Maybe the guide data/database was in a state that could not be searched. Anyways the search seems to working now but as I stated I do not use it very often.

LONSat
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-29, 06:32 AM

"Maybe the guide data/database was in a state that could not be searched."

I think that you are correct about that. The processor must be working hard to digest an updated guide - little time for other things like searches.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-29, 08:43 AM

Location: Penticton, BC, SC 505 HD, Westinghouse 32" HD LCD Widescreen, Yamaha RVX3800, eleganza 5.1 speakers
interesting my search didn't work last night either. circle spun for 2-3 seconds then gave no results

Yamaha RVX3800, Eleganza Speakers, Epson Pro Cinema 1080p, 106" Accuscreen
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-07-29, 09:20 AM
Rookie

My receiver has become slower and slower with every update... IMO this piece of wood the 630 hasn't the processing power to perform what they are trying to jam into it.

Last edited by Uncle La La; 2015-07-29 at 10:38 AM.
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-08-04, 09:06 PM

@rgto & @Billy34 Thank you for responding. I was away so sorry for the late response. I will try that and see if it works the way I want it to.
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-08-09, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Per bravo 1, I emailed Shaw Direct about the new static images. I received a prompt and courteous reply. I like that about Shaw.

The response said that there should be no burn-in due to their use of PIXEL SHIFTING.
Well pixel shifting isn't working because its burning in my screen. Maybe I should send them a bill for damages. I use the screen saver a lot.

Last edited by 57; 2015-08-09 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Quote Shortened
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-08-10, 12:23 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
When I change channels, it shows the new channel at the bottom of the screen for 15 seconds. Is there any way to reduce the time to say 5 seconds. It is really irritating when switching back and forth between football and tennis because the scores are covered up. I know I can hit exit but that gets tiring.
Leafs13 likes this.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-08-13, 09:28 PM

hit exit on remote
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-09-02, 09:03 AM

Unhappy Smart Record Default & Static Images

RE: Default PVR recording from Menu
Like some have written here, we much prefer the old firmware that allowed picking a channel to Smart Record from the guide and that is the channel that would be recorded, not the new default of Smart Record first HD showing. I just sent an email to Shaw Direct to suggest they revert in their next firmware update.

RE: Pixel Shifting on Static Images
I see that burn-in has occurred to at least one TV set of a contributor to this discussion. I've made my views know to SD, but they insist that Pixel Shifting works. I've stared just inches from the Sting Ray logo on my 65" LED screen; I don't see the pixels moving. Anyway, a logo usually covers more than a few pixels. The logo would have to move entirely to avoid a static image. I don't understand....
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 2015-09-20, 02:06 PM

The response time from the remote has gotten worse and worse.
Sometimes it takes seconds for the receiver to respond to remote actions.

Its not a remote problem (batteries) because the receiver will act on it.
Like pressing rewind on the remote it can take 10-20 seconds to rewind.
Same thing with other commands.
Sometimes it works fine but eventually it becomes sluggish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in