Shaw Direct Programming/Pricing Discussions - Page 27 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #391 of 402 (permalink) Old 2018-12-09, 01:46 AM

agreed - the web site is an absolute disaster. itís really meant to confuse people - thereís really no other reasonable explanation. The only way I made sense was by printing out sections and making notes. Even then, itís a fail...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 04:26 PM

Question Already Subscribed, but ... Not Subscribed ???

For many years I have subscribed for the US Nets East and West. Today I online chatted with Shaw Direct. I want to switch from Spokane to Seattle or at least try it out.

I have learned to be careful so I asked if it would change by monthly bill to switch. I was told that I do not subscribe to the timeshift bundle: it would cost me an additional 8$ (not $8) to subscribe to the timeshift bundle.

No thanks, I said.

I am confused or they are confused or are we both confused????
post #393 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 04:32 PM

I think if you're confused, the fault's with them.

As I understand it (because this timeshift bundle was a MAJOR point for me when I was trying to reduce my rate a few months prior), depending on your package, the timeshift bundle could cost up to $8 extra. Maybe with your package, the U.S. networks were included in a grandfathered way? I don't know. But the timeshift is more than just the U.S. networks and maybe if you change location for the U.S. networks, they make it an all or nothing.

On the good side, there is a deal where they will give you six months of the timeshift package at 99 cents per month: https://myfriend.shawdirect.ca/engli.../timeshift.asp

post #394 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 05:19 PM

I get Spokane in Standard Def and Seattle in HD. Is Spokane available in HD now?
post #395 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMan View Post
I get Spokane in Standard Def and Seattle in HD. Is Spokane available in HD now?
I get it on 205 (Classic)
NovaMan likes this.
post #396 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 06:29 PM

least expensive programming package which includes reveiver warranty

Now that Shaw has changed all the packages many times since my grandfathered Titanium package took root, what is the current, LEAST EXPENSIVE Shaw Direct package which includes the multiple receiver warranty? In the old days, the lower packages didn't include the warranty.
post #397 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalsgo View Post
I get it on 205 (Classic)
Yes, I do too. I was wondering about CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC in HD. Thanks!
post #398 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 10:06 PM

According to Shaw Direct, Spokane commercial stations are not converting to HD with the SD versions dropped on August 15.
NovaMan likes this.
post #399 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-19, 10:14 PM

@tvmaster Limited TV for $25 is the only current package that charges a Multi-Receiver Fee.
post #400 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-20, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dave View Post
@tvmaster Limited TV for $25 is the only current package that charges a Multi-Receiver Fee.
Ok, thanks. My grandfathered package has gone sky high in price, so itís time to re-evaluate...
post #401 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-01-20, 06:04 AM

Question Grandfathered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHans View Post
... Maybe with your package, the U.S. networks were included in a grandfathered way? I don't know. But the timeshift is more than just the U.S. networks and maybe if you change location for the U.S. networks, they make it an all or nothing....
I live in Ontario. I have had what was termed "US Nets - East & West" as part of a Platinum package for 14 Years. I would not be changing much, just the West Coat PBS from one station to another. Doesn't seem fair if it would change my total billing.
post #402 of 402 (permalink) Old 2019-03-14, 02:09 PM

I finally realized that SD had been basically ripping me off for who knows how long. Switching to TV large with added packages to replicate what I had was an instant $30-40 savings if I recall correctly. The rep said it's my responsibility to manage my programming, which is true. But they know people won't look into it very often and continue to bill at a higher rate.

I ended saving even more later by going to TV medium, picked my 30 faves, added HBO Crave, and now have everything I had before (or shall I say "watched") and cleaned up my guide without the useless channels I use to pay for but never tune in.
RuralRouter likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in