Shaw Direct Programming/Pricing Discussions - Page 22 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #316 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHans View Post
You should go to My Shaw Direct and log in. If there's a place that shows your specific packages, it would be there.
I cannot find that information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronycoca View Post
I cannot find that information.
You mean you don't know where to log in or that you can't find the information once you're there at My Shaw Direct?
post #318 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHans View Post
You mean you don't know where to log in or that you can't find the information once you're there at My Shaw Direct?
i cannot find it when I am there.

post #319 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 04:41 PM

I don't see it either. I'm surprised you can't see it there as it seems to be an obvious thing customers would want to see. If you're going to call to have your package price reduced, just make sure to go to Customer Relations. Maybe you know that already though...
post #320 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 06:20 PM

I think your right TheHans. I can't see my package either. I had a on-line chat with SD and got no where with them. I think the new packages are more than what I pay now.
ronycoca likes this.
post #321 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 06:26 PM

@mellaby , if you're looking for a better price, please consult my post #304 if you feel like it for steps to hopefully secure a better price. It involves phoning rather than asking online though. This seems to be the best time of year to get a good deal from Customer Relations for some reason. Maybe it's the holidays? Haha. Or possibly they have quotas for credits that are expiring at the end of the year? I'm not sure why...
post #322 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-16, 06:31 PM

Thanks, I trying to disable my call display info in my Google phone number so that it doesn't show up when i call SD.
post #323 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-18, 01:30 PM

It is most reasonable that subscribers should be able see individual channels to which they subscribe. Maybe the packages change, but that should have no bearing on the foregoing.
ronycoca likes this.
post #324 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-24, 05:23 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronycoca View Post
On the Shaw Direct Website, how can I see what I am actually subscribed to. I know it is the Platinum Package, but would like to review the add on (theme?) packages in hopes of deleting some and getting my monthly bill out of the stratosphere.
You can't. They don't want you to. If they make it too easy, more people would downshift. The ordering system is made for new subscribers, not at all user-friendly for existing customers. I suspect they figure by doing this, they discourage most customers from making changes out of sheer frustration (or confusion). You have to call, skip live chat.
ronycoca and Leafs13 like this.
post #325 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-25, 01:46 PM

Often folks attribute crafty forethought to people's actions or inactions rather than to actual incompetence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosgringos View Post
... I suspect they figure by doing this, they discourage most customers from making changes...
post #326 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-27, 10:03 AM

I went through this recently. First I was informed that my packages are detailed on the second page of my bill (which they are). But they are not broken down, of course. Then I was sent here (could never have found this on my own): Shaw Direct. That was too confusing, and didn't detail my own packages. This was all done by email, so I replied yet again, and was finally sent a list of my specific channels. The list includes all channels available, with my choices already highlighted.

I used the "bundles" page and my list, and swapped out four or five channels, with no change in price. All of this took several days.

In the end, as with many others, I decided trying to build a series of bundles to compete with the overall bundles, is a waste of time. Not only that, I am grandfathered in with Titanium Choice Plus, and trying to change that would ruin what I get now.
RuralRouter likes this.

... Mike
post #327 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-27, 08:50 PM

I get an electronic NO PAPER bill. It does not have a second page.
post #328 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-27, 09:51 PM

I also get an electronic bill. It always has a second page. You sure?

... Mike
post #329 of 477 (permalink) Old 2017-12-28, 01:28 PM

Mike, You are correct. When I click on the link on the electronic bill, sign in to my account and Click View my Bill, there are 3 pages. Page 2 does list my services - Platinum and packages. Packages are not broken down.

I never went past the email before. Thank you.
MikeDRiley likes this.
post #330 of 477 (permalink) Old 2018-02-11, 10:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralRouter View Post
Often folks attribute crafty forethought to people's actions or inactions rather than to actual incompetence.
This ain't no "people", it's a CRTC-regulated corporation centered on profit-making in a shrinking market. Star Choice was incompetent, Shaw and Shaw Direct know exactly what they are doing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in