Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-01-03, 11:52 AM

I was told a couple of weeks ago that on January 1st the HD versions of the sports channels would be added for free for Digital Advantage subscribers. I have not seen them on my I-guide yet. I have the un-subscribed channels greyed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-01-03, 12:16 PM

I was told the same info from a rep between Christmas and New Years. Called with a Tech problem all my sports channels in HD went grey and unsubscribed. The rep was able to restore them but he told me that HD Sports would be part of the pkg just as cableredneck says.
post #108 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-01-06, 06:35 PM

I got my sports channels added yesterday. I used the online chat through the Shaw Direct website. The problem was the code had not been changed in my subscription.

post #109 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 08:30 AM

Anyone else wondering if / when Shaw will carry the super-stations in HD (excepting WGN of course)? Or CTV2 in HD? Or PBS West in HD? Or any one of a number of missing channels. I keep putting in channel request forms, but I don't think they carry much weight. It's either Bell or Shaw here (satellite that is) and the wife is not fond of Bell. Frustrating that they can't add at least a couple of the more popular channels.
post #110 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 10:02 AM

We have also for a couple of years now been requesting My38, Peachtree, KTLA, in HD. Also have asked dozens of times about adding NFL Network HD, but nothing. Have been looking at other options for providers, just have not pulled the trigger yet.
post #111 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 11:14 AM

I would like to see Peachtree in HD. Also CTV2 (which I can get through OTA in HD), CMT,M3, the western feeds of History, Comedy, YTV. Shaw Direct seems to be behind other providers with their HD channels. Cogeco and Bell have had some of these HD channels for years.
post #112 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 01:29 PM

I'm hoping that a couple of slots will be freed with the impending closure of Movie Central. Might give us a couple of extra channels?
post #113 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 02:08 PM
Veteran

It sounds like the current Movie Central slots will simply be replaced with west feeds of TMN, MExcess, MFun, TMN Encore 1 and TMN Encore 2. I would expect Shaw Direct customers might get C+I HD, fyi HD and DIY HD soon. They are now on Bell and they are coming to Rogers and Source Cable in the coming weeks too.
mdl124 likes this.
post #114 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 06:20 PM

I'd like CTV or CBC Ottawa HD channels. SD local news sucks.
post #115 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-16, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobee
We have also for a couple of years now been requesting My38, Peachtree, KTLA, in HD. Also have asked dozens of times about adding NFL Network HD, but nothing. Have been looking at other options for providers, just have not pulled the trigger yet.
I called SD last week and requested for those chanels and Wpix HD , told me that they would take my request in note but they have no idea when or even IF they will be available in HD soon .
post #116 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-17, 07:02 AM

Yup - that's their standard response. Just keep plugging away at the channel requests and hopefully they'll take notice in the end. I've been looking for Weather Network HD for a long time and I can't see why that's such an issue as it's already distributed on Shaw Cable. Oh well. Hopefully what bigoranget says will come true and we'll have a couple extra soon. Their channel line-up really needs a re-vamp. I'd love to see the duplicate HD's in the 300's (Advanced) disappear along with a through change in the numbering. Something like Bell do with HD starting in the 1000's would be fantastic. A nice separation and lots of space for all channels.
post #117 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-17, 08:54 AM

Leafs 13 Not sure but can't you get those channels by getting the time shift bundle?
post #118 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-17, 10:58 AM

I agree. They should get rid of the duplicate line up (200's in Classic). Shaw Direct is behind in the HD line-up as compared to other providers. I have noticed that there are some CTV channels that are only in SD. We have the time-shift bundle and there are a lot of channels in SD only.
If Shaw Direct does not get its act together and update its HD line-up, they may find a lot of customers leaving for other providers or even OTA.
post #119 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-17, 01:11 PM

Whilst agreeing with that, I think not having a single CTV2 in HD is far more culpable than not having every CTV in HD.
post #120 of 1187 (permalink) Old 2016-02-19, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawguyg View Post
Leafs 13 Not sure but can't you get those channels by getting the time shift bundle?
I dunno. Can you? It would be odd to have to get the timeshift bundle to get my local channels in HD...

Tags
cw network , hd channels , new channels , shaw direct , superstations , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in