Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread - Page 57 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #841 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-14, 11:09 PM

Stingray audio channels (40+) F2 tp10
Stingray video channels F2 tp29
@tvmaster
Canadian English Radio stations F2 tp22 (final transponder location)
Canadian French Radio stations F1R tp19

LONSat

Last edited by LONSat; 2019-07-15 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added radio station locations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 01:17 AM

No, the RADIO stations, as opposed to the Stingray Audio channels. Any idea if theyíre on G1 or F?
post #843 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 09:50 AM

@tvmaster - note that PDF is for Shaw Cable, who doesn't carry radio stations any longer.

LONSat's locations above are correct, and nothing is changing packaging wise when it comes to radios or Stingray audio/video channels - the only exception is the Spokane Radio drops.

post #844 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 11:04 AM

Ah, so those comparisons ARENíT for Shaw Direct. Is there a .pdf document available for SD like this Shaw Cable one, it would make life very simple for subscribers. The real mystery is where and when the four, Stingray Video channels are included or excluded, and for how much if an extra cost.
Also a bit confusing and hidden from public view is the packaging and pricing of the U.S. super stations - I was told by a CSR you got them with Crave/HBO, but I can find no evidence of this online.
Any idea?
post #845 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONSat View Post
Stingray audio channels (40+) F2 tp10
Stingray video channels F2 tp29
@tvmaster
Canadian English Radio stations F2 tp22 (final transponder location)
Canadian French Radio stations F1R tp19
Thanks for the addition. Are you getting this from Lyngsat? I poked around there but couldnít find it.
post #846 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k801809 View Post

LONSat's locations above are correct, and nothing is changing packaging wise when it comes to radios or Stingray audio/video channels - the only exception is the Spokane Radio drops.
Will there be an opening for 7 Canadian radio stations now that Spokane is no longer carried? If so, we should have channels from every province in the lineup.

My suggestions:
OZ FM St. Johns, NL
VOCM St. Johns NL
CHTN Charlotetown. PE (owned by Stingray)
CFFRK FM Fredericton, NB (owned by Stingray)
one from Sask and one from NWT

I would also like to see:
News 95.7 from Halifax
CKWW oldies from Windsor, ON

I'm sure others, here ,would have suggestions too.
post #847 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 12:55 PM

@tvmaster - the difference between Shaw Direct and Shaw Cable packaging is that Cable's go-to-market packaging is currently fixed menu, without any customization. Extra Small, Small, Medium and Large for Shaw Direct all include the same base channels (with the exception of Medium and Large also including Timeshift + your choice of Hollywood Suite or World & Adventure). So a comparison didn't really make sense as the differences are in what *you* select for the package.

Extra Small, Small and Medium all have the same choices you can make for your customized "Pick Pack" portion. Extra Small - Pick 5, Small - Pick 15, Medium - Pick 30. The Stingray Video channels are available as an option for any of the three and would count as one pick for all four channels.
post #848 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 12:59 PM

@tvmaster . I get the information from the Shaw Broadcast website, some of the mpeg4 transition documentation and yes lygnsat. They all confirm the information so I posted it.

@NovaMan . Not sure the radio stations are a high priority because as others have indicated you can generally stream them from other sources. The Spokane stations are possibly being dropped along with the Spokane TV channels as the cable headend feeds are possibly being sourced elsewhere. I wouldn't hold your breathe for more radio stations. I believe in one of the transition documents I saw, that the Whitehorse stations may be only temporary until spring 2020 IIRC.
tvmaster likes this.

LONSat
post #849 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 01:05 PM

@k801809 , so there’s no other option which includes them already, as I have now with my grandfathered plan?
post #850 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONSat View Post

@NovaMan . Not sure the radio stations are a high priority because as others have indicated you can generally stream them from other sources. I wouldn't hold your breathe for more radio station..
The same can be said of video, you can generally stream them from other sources, also. One can't beat the convenience of just tuning in the Sat. channel, be it video or audio, IMHO.
post #851 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 03:23 PM

Where the radio channels work great for me is when Iím traveling. I use a SageTV DVR system, so I can tune-in from anywhere in the world, which is great when a playoff game is on, or youíre sick of CNN Intl and BBC whatever...
post #852 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster View Post
Where the radio channels work great for me is when Iím traveling. I use a SageTV DVR system, so I can tune-in from anywhere in the world, which is great when a playoff game is on, or youíre sick of CNN Intl and BBC whatever...
Is your Sage TV for Windows only or will it work with Mac OSX?
post #853 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-15, 08:39 PM

Windows, Mac and Linux, and it’s shareware now....

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/index.php
post #854 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-19, 12:58 PM

Here are the Standard Definition Channels slated to drop Tue July 23 and the channel number of the HD version for each channel number sequence. If the HD channel is on G1 it has been highlighted in yellow in case you are in a southern province.

LONSat
post #855 of 909 (permalink) Old 2019-07-19, 11:09 PM

Itís a bloodbath....lol

Tags
cw network , hd channels , new channels , shaw direct , superstations , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in