Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread - Page 55 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #811 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-23, 12:11 PM
Rookie

I switched to the National Lineup the day it launched thinking that they were forcing the change in July anyway and that I would start getting used to the new schedule. A day or two later I found that I lost VOD for most channels. Almost everything was greyed out and said "not subscribed." I called technical support and the person I spoke to couldn't fix it, said she would escalate the issue. A week later it still was not fixed. I also noticed that I had only one live-tv channel in Freerange TV. I called again and had a technical service rep switch me "back" to the advanced lineup. Five minutes on the phone with the rep and all my channels came back on VOD. I explained that I had the Classic not Advanced lineup but he wouldn't put me on the Classic Lineup because he didn't know for sure that the Classic Lineup would work. I explained that I had elderly people living in my home and it was unrealistic to expect them to learn a new schedule only to force a change to the new lineup in a few months but he refused. A few days later, I called again and explained to another rep that I had been on Classic not Advanced and that technical rep switched me back to the Classic Lineup (actually 3 receivers were on Advanced and 3 receivers were on classic). Now the receivers are all back to Classic and I have had no issues... my channels work, my VOD works. yes, there are issues with the lineup? I've decided that I will stay on the Classic Lineup until they force the change (which I've read is no longer July but sometime in the new year) and just hope that they've fixed the VOD Subscription issue by that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-23, 02:17 PM

cmiller, if I had read your post a couple of days ago, I probably would have been afraid to change my lineup. But, I have had no issues with the new lineup, yet.
tvmaster, yes, the chat feature, is online only. The lady that helped me knew all about the new lineup, and changed everything very quickly on my 3 6XX receivers. I do hope that Shaw has everyone on one lineup in the near future. Having 3 lineups is really ridiculous, IMHO.
post #813 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-23, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster View Post
The chat feature? Online only?
Could be what Iíve been doing wrong all these years. Iíve been using the OFFLINE chat feature and wondering why nobody ever answers me........
tvmaster and Romany like this.

post #814 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardDoin View Post
Could be what Iíve been doing wrong all these years. Iíve been using the OFFLINE chat feature and wondering why nobody ever answers me........
HowardDoin; heíll be here all week
NovaMan, Romany and HowardDoin like this.
post #815 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 06:42 AM

One slight flaw that I've noticed on the guide of my 630 PVR (since changing to the New Channel Lineup) are the listing of 6 non existing channels.
Channels 641 to 646 are listed with the description "No Data".
When I go to Menu, Setting Menu, Preference, User Settings and Alerts, Edit Channel List and then search for channels 641, 642, 643, 644, 645, and 646, I find nothing. In other words, there does not seem to be any way to remove them from my guide.
post #816 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 09:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMan View Post
One slight flaw that I've noticed on the guide of my 630 PVR (since changing to the New Channel Lineup) are the listing of 6 non existing channels.
Channels 641 to 646 are listed with the description "No Data".
When I go to Menu, Setting Menu, Preference, User Settings and Alerts, Edit Channel List and then search for channels 641, 642, 643, 644, 645, and 646, I find nothing. In other words, there does not seem to be any way to remove them from my guide.
I had the same issue, so I just went to "Hide Unsubscribed Channels" and they disappeared from my guide.
post #817 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-06-24, 09:39 AM

@cmiller - we did find that a step was missed for FreeRange and VOD authorizations on the backend, but it was resolved on the morning of June 20th. FreeRange you *may* have to uninstall and reinstall, but the update should have automatically flowed through by 48 hours. Everything should be good to go now.

@NovaMan - yes, I'm working on getting those removed from the maps. We tried last week but it caused some side effects so we reverted back for now. Trying again this week! Those are the placeholders for NBA League Pass, should we offer it this upcoming year.
NovaMan likes this.
post #818 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-02, 10:34 PM

What about a west coast HD feed? If we loose dual-feeds when the SD channels go dark, that will be worse than recording in SD. I probably use the east-west, SD feeds to avoid recording conflicts three-five times per week. Iíd much rather have two SD channels than one HD channel...
post #819 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-02, 11:32 PM

Comedy west will disappear but W YTV Family will eventually get HD west feeds before fall. According to shaw broadcast schedule.

LONSat
post #820 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-02, 11:59 PM

Thanks, I saw that. Personally, I would choose dual-Comedy feeds, mainly because of their daily, topical humour shows.
post #821 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-03, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster View Post
Iíd much rather have two SD channels than one HD channel...
Personally, I would rather have one HD channel than 2 Standard Def. ones. I guess everyone does not have the same opinions when it comes to HD signals. I like the new lineup. A west HD channel would be welcome, however, tvmaster.
post #822 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 09:24 AM

Yeah, the option of east-west recording times alleviates so many recording conflicts I’ve come to rely on that quite a lot...
RuralRouter and NovaMan like this.
post #823 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMan View Post
Personally, I would rather have one HD channel than 2 Standard Def. ones. I guess everyone does not have the same opinions when it comes to HD signals. I like the new lineup. A west HD channel would be welcome, however, tvmaster.
I donít want to see any sd channels anymore. Itís 2019 after all. Still donít understand why Shaw Direct canít offer the TSN and Sportsnet channels in 4K, given the bandwidth should be there after dumping all those sd channels. According to a chat rep, itís never been discussed.
NovaMan likes this.
post #824 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 02:25 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardDoin View Post
Still donít understand why Shaw Direct canít offer the TSN and Sportsnet channels in 4K...
There are several threads discussing TSN4K and SN4K. Outside of a very few sports events (perhaps amounting to a few hours per week) there is not much available in original 4K, so there is not much to be missed.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-4k-broadcast-schedule-1.900579

6 events in July on TSN and SN has Jays home games and little else.
NovaMan and k801809 like this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #825 of 904 (permalink) Old 2019-07-04, 02:31 PM

That’s true. But for a sports fanatic like myself, it’s worth it. I used to get them with cogeco, and thought they looked awesome for live sports. There would be hockey and basketball as well the rest of the year. Anyways, according to SD, it’s not happening.

Tags
cw network , hd channels , new channels , shaw direct , superstations , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in