Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread - Page 48 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #706 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-14, 05:44 AM

Swap within a grandfathered code

Quote:
Originally Posted by k801809 View Post
... Newer agents tend to get a bit nervous playing with them, as if they remove it, they literally cannot re-add it. They should know that they can swap components (like the Spokane versus Seattle feed) within the code without removing it, though.
Your participation in this discussion group is very much appreciated. Thanks for your reply to my questions.

You said "as if"; does that mean that an agent can actually re-add the old code? I may or may not get up my nerve to request a swap within the grandfathered code. I am nervous about though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #707 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-14, 10:07 AM

No problem! No, grandfathered codes are removed from our billing system completely, so once they're removed from the account, they aren't even available for an agent to select anymore.

But, swapping feeds within a code doesn't require a full removal and re-add of the code, so it doesn't actually come off the account in this case and should be fine. I personally can't think of any billing codes for US Networks that wouldn't work this way, but I can always take a look if you'd like.
post #708 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-14, 10:41 AM

Replace Spokane PBS with Seattle PBS ?

What a great offer. Thank you! Yes, please take a look.

Quote:
...I personally can't think of any billing codes for US Networks that wouldn't work this way, but I can always take a look if you'd like.

post #709 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-14, 12:48 PM

La Chaine Disney in HD has launched today
Stingray Juicebox, Loud, Vibe, Retro have dropped in Std Def replaced with a HD version

LONSat
post #710 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-15, 11:54 AM

Salt + Light also went from SD to HD yesterday.
post #711 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-26, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONSat View Post
La Chaine Disney in HD has launched today
Stingray Juicebox, Loud, Vibe, Retro have dropped in Std Def replaced with a HD version
and apparently when that happened, Shaw Direct messed up the coding for Stingray Juicebox, Loud, Vibe & Retro. I’ve received these channels since they arrived. When the switch to HD was done this week, I lost all four: “You Are Currently Not Subscribed To This Channel...”
YES I Am!
This incorrect rudeness appeared on my main DSR630. But here’s where it gets weird: I checked a DSR605 in the bedroom, and all three are lit up and functioning, no nasty subscription notice.
I didn’t think it was possible to screw up a customers reception ‘per box’.
Anyone else have this “subscription” nonsense occur this week with the Stingray Music Video channels?

Last edited by tvmaster; 2019-05-26 at 10:15 AM.
post #712 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-26, 12:47 PM
Rookie

I lost those channels this week as well. I thought that Shaw just moved them to a higher programming tier. Thanks for the info.
post #713 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-26, 01:41 PM

@tvmaster Did you try rebooting the 630 or doing an online refresh. One of those steps would probably fix things.

LONSat
post #714 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-26, 01:51 PM

I did try rebooting the 630, but Iím afraid to do a refresh in case it kills my 605 too. I suppose I could power down the 605 while refreshing, but thereís no guarantee that wouldnít stop Shaw Directís malfunctioning computers to kill it as well. Iíll give it a day or two in hopes that Shaw Direct forum fellow is reading and has this corrected for EVERYONE, as it now appears Iím not alone :/
post #715 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-26, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
I lost those channels this week as well. I thought that Shaw just moved them to a higher programming tier. Thanks for the info.
Have you contacted Shaw? If they move them to a different tier, or package, donít they have to tell the grandfathered customers BEFORE they lose the channels? I certainly havenít received any emails about it, nor a REFUND if they have taken them away from paying customers. Iím assuming itís yet more finger trouble at Shaw, but itís hard to know. Now that weíve been told on this forum by a Shaw rep that if a badly trained CSR mistakenly deletes grandfathered items, that they canít be put back again, I never know what to do....
RuralRouter likes this.
post #716 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 09:58 AM

You just need a refresh (which won't affect your 605) - it's likely your 605 received an automated refresh after I implemented the subscription authorizations, and the 630 hasn't gotten one yet. Having said that though, we've been tying the authorizations to the SD channels which was maybe missed on those - I'll escalate either way, but it may take a day or two to implement. I would recommend just online refreshing for now.
tvmaster and RuralRouter like this.
post #717 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 01:29 PM

The backend fix for Stingray has been implemented as of this morning, so you shouldn't have issues accessing the new HDs feeds now.
post #718 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-27, 03:55 PM

Quote:
The backend fix for Stingray has been implemented as of this morning, so you shouldn't have issues accessing the new HDs feeds now.
Ok, thanks. So this isn’t a change in packages, elimination of grandfathered anything, just a mere mis-step from the SD to HD conversion? I get all the music packages going back to 2008.

UPDATE: all four Stingray video channels back and looking good

Last edited by tvmaster; 2019-05-27 at 04:22 PM.
post #719 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-28, 10:04 AM

Correct - it's tricky to launch HD channels as all receivers supposed to be subscribed need to get a refresh to bring in the authorization (which takes a LOT of time to work through all receivers and not bring down the system!) We have backend tricks to put in place to get around that that were just missed for these four. Sorry about that!
post #720 of 814 (permalink) Old 2019-05-30, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Regarding those "urgent" messages, if you are currently getting all the channels you want in Canada, there is really no reason for you to change your equipment as long as you have the 600 series of receivers.
True, except for the annoying fact that Shaw constantly contacts me to upgrade. I can accept the message being shown on the onscreen guide, sure. But to be phoned every couple of weeks? Nah. My daughter fields these calls for me in Canada, while I'm in Mexico, so I told them to bug off. They said they couldn't. Eventually, they said they'd "make a note" on my account, but couldn't promise anything.

... Mike

Tags
cw network , hd channels , new channels , shaw direct , superstations , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in