January 1, 2015 Rate Adjustment - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-09, 07:37 PM

Mine is increasing by $2.61 plus $0.39 tax for a total of $3.00. I too am tired of constant increases coupled with SD's inability to fix problems with their hardware and/or software. I could live with a $3.00 increase if SD would find solutions to their ongoing problems. I would like to purchase a 630 but after reading so many posts regarding the problems with the 630 I have refused to purchase one. I don't need the headaches of constant rebooting and partially missed recordings.

Hey Shaw, maybe I would try one for $50.00.
Yeah......that's going to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-09, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Mine is increasing by $2.61 plus $0.39 tax for a total of $3.00. I too am tired of constant increases coupled with SD's inability to fix problems with their hardware and/or software. I could live with a $3.00 increase if SD would find solutions to their ongoing problems. I would like to purchase a 630 but after reading so many posts regarding the problems with the 630 I have refused to purchase one. I don't need the headaches of constant rebooting and partially missed recordings.

Yeah......that's going to happen.
I've have 3 boxes 2 HD and a PVR for 2 months other then some confusing City TV sim subs I have had no issues with viewing or recording so what hardware problem are there?
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-09, 08:32 PM
Veteran

My "Vacation" deal is going from $20.76 plus tax to $25.98 plus tax. Time for me to close it down for a 6 month period and save about $180 a year. Vacation package for $350'ish per year for a couple of months use? I guess I should remove the 600 backup receiver and save the $6 multi rcvr fee.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-10, 09:14 AM

I think they could get away with a price increase if they added a lot of HD channels to justify it. It's ridiculous that in 2015 so many channels are still not offered in HD.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-10, 01:56 PM

I completely agree Jocosta, there are channels that other providers have that are obviously approved for Canada that we don't have. The new commercial brags of 214 HD channels. To get that you count all the NFL,NBA, and NHLCI channels as well as pay pr view. Unless there's a game on or you are made of money and can pay for all of it there is nothing on those channels.
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-11, 08:14 PM

Doppelganger399. Count yourself lucky. Read the second sticky.......Shaw Direct HDPVR 630 Owners Discussion thread for owners ONLY!
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-12, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Doppelganger399. Count yourself lucky. Read the second sticky.......Shaw Direct HDPVR 630 Owners Discussion thread for owners ONLY!
Those are some big problems I do feel lucky now, hope the luck doesn't run out.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-15, 11:52 AM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
Quote:
They offered me a 630 for $5/mo over 3 years. I had purchased one for $120 so I declined.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-19, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
So you watch NFL games in standard def?
No, I get CBS/FOX/NBC East and West and TSN1, all in HD. So I get almost everything except Thursday Night.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-19, 11:05 AM
Rookie

The price increase inspired me to go to my account/change programming and take a close look. I dropped to a cheaper package with 2 less bundles, but lost only 1 channel I really wanted. Picked it back up with a pick n pay and also added encore ave. HD. Saved 5 bucks a month and gained a channel. I felt that some of that price increase was due to picking up the slack for all the subs they lost over the last year.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 2014-12-21, 08:48 PM

is the old OVP package currently still the best bang for buck package? Is there some way to drop some channels from it?
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 2015-01-07, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbud3 View Post
is the old OVP package currently still the best bang for buck package? Is there some way to drop some channels from it?
I signed up with the OVP in June 2010 with one receiver and no additional channels for $38.98 (before tax) and now the same package costs me $60.98 (before taxes and mrf). SD keeps telling me it is a good value, which is true if you compare it to the Digital Fav package which has the equivalent channels. In my mind it is not as much as a deal as it once was, since I don't care for the majority of the channels now. But looking at my alterntives, Rogers or Bell than it makes me feel a bit better.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 2015-01-07, 02:49 PM

I am giving up on shaw and moving over to telus. Almost the same amount of channels, all my sports are in HD, free 3 year rental on dvr and 2 regular boxes, first year reduced price (35/month), free install...too good deal to pass up. It would have cost me too much to just upgrade my single motorolla cablebox to the three I will be getting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in