NBA Package - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

NBA Package

Anyone know why up to this point there have been ZERO games shown on the NBA channels on Shaw Direct? HD Channels 492-497 are showing NBA LEAGUE PASS but have had no games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 08:10 PM

Yeah its odd.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

I wonder if Bell is showing any games with them now having the package as well?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-01, 08:38 AM

I am annoyed by this too. On the website, they tout the shawgo app for mobile, but nothing for actual computers

http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/promotions/shawgo/nba/
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-01, 12:16 PM

Well not sure about this but NHL Center Ice doesn't show games until the regular season starts There have been live games on NBA TV so I think (just a guess) that when there is a full schedule of games ones that aren't on network TV some will be on there.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-01, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawguyg View Post
Well not sure about this but NHL Center Ice doesn't show games until the regular season starts There have been live games on NBA TV so I think (just a guess) that when there is a full schedule of games ones that aren't on network TV some will be on there.
This year on SD some preseason games were broadcast in centre ice, I watched them.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-02, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

The NBA season is in full swing, again last night there was a full slate of games and NOTHING showing on the NBA Channels on Shaw Direct.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-02, 08:55 PM

Try asking on facebook or on their websites live chat, what about the ask Jim is that around?

Maybe their fighting with the league over price or there a tech issue.

They are pretty good at answering any question at least thats been my experience.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 01:37 PM

I sent an e-mail and got back the answer there will be games on when they are available and other then that it will say unsubscribed...... Your guess is as good as mine as to when/if that will ever take place because that vague response doesn't really answer the question.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 05:24 PM

I wonder if it started on time on Bell or Rogers if it did then this makes Shaw look bad, could you imagine how SD customers would react if they did this on Centre Ice, there would be a lot of people calling Bell or Rogers.

Last edited by 57; 2014-11-04 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

I talked to my Brother who is a Bell Subscriber and they are showing games on Bell, unreal, what the frig is going on? Isn't there or wasn't there a guy on here who works for Shaw that could possibly shed some light on this? I have called them twice and both times the person on the other end had no clue the channels I was talking about, even though I was telling them I was looking t the guide as we were talking. SMH
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

I also left a message on their Facebook page and have gotten no response yet.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 07:53 PM

I just liked you message I think, I liked someone message about the NBA package anyways.

:-)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-04, 10:21 PM

Shaw Direct is getting bad... let's review:

In 2013, you could get NHL Centre Ice & NFL Sunday Ticket w/ RedZone channel for $229 + tax for both and the NBA channels actually showed games.

In 2014, NHL Centre Ice is $209 + tax and Sunday Ticket is $239 + tax and NBA channels show no games. A 95.6% price increase from last year and there's no added value for NFL, you get less games on CI this year, and the NBA channels seem to have just stopped operating. I passed on CI and ST and went with NFL GamePass for football on a great promo code. Instead of spending over $500 after tax, I spent $123 and I don't miss the hockey -- I'd rather have it but I refuse to pay a 96% price increase to get less than what I had last year. The HD streams from NFL GamePass are actually better quality than the overly compressed pictures from Shaw Direct. Don't regret it for a second.

Between the Super Sports Pack and their just deployed full home TiVO service, I'm on the verge of switching to Cogeco. Just waiting for some feedback on the TiVO deployment in the Cogeco thread before making the phone call.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 2014-11-05, 11:25 AM

I noticed that SN360 had an NBA game on last night that wasn't in their listings. It was a Pacific time-zone game from Portland so folks in Ontario would more then likely not have seen it. An on-screen message came up during the Canuck/Colorado hockey game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in