If I may I'd like to say something nice about shaw - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

If I may I'd like to say something nice about shaw

I recently got shaw direct back after 5 years with it game 2 HD Boxes I had an old 319 from 2010 and asked to get it added to my account.

They sent the signal to activate the box and everything was going good til the 30 minute mark after the guide finished loading it lost signal on all channels.

So called back they asked me to reset factory defaults and they sent the signal again and the same thing happened right at the 30 minute mark when the guide finished loading there was signal loss on every channel.

They told me I could swap my old 319 out for there current standard box 600 I think for $13.

The 319 is a 5 year old box whos warranty must be up by now and they are giving me a new box real cheap :-)

When the sat company does something annoying or stupid I'm the first to bash the hell out of them thought it only fair to say thanks when they do something pretty neat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 09:53 AM

I'm sorry, but we are experiencing a longer than normal wait time for responses. Please keep on refreshing the page and a "Who cares about good news; we only want to hear crummy stuff." response will show up as soon as possible.

Thank you for posting.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 01:07 PM

I hear ya. I got 2 630's when they first came out for trading in my 2 530's and $99. They have both been working nearly flawlessly ever since.

Most come to/discover this site when they're having issues as I did with my 530, so you're definitely going to hear more bad than good.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 01:56 PM

Ive always had fairly good service from Shaw. Service wise anyways equipment not so much.

But it is true we only seem to come on here to complain and bash.

Positive feed back is far and few between.
I think people are more keen to complain online and more likely to be positive by word of mouth if asked.

I have a photographic memory, trouble is most times the lens cap is on.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-10-31, 04:59 PM

I'll chip in and customer support is very good for Shaw Direct.
Never had to wait too long for a live support operator and I can always understand them
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-11-02, 03:47 PM

I am satisfied with the level of service from Shaw Direct. I've never had an issue that they didn't solve and as far as waiting on the phone, I've used the call back feature a few times. Oh I guess if I have to say something that isn't positive there are a couple of HD channels that others have that I'ld like to see offered on SD but.....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-11-02, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Lighting keeps knocking out HD we are getting a bad storm, SD is hanging in though.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-11-05, 10:55 PM
Rookie

Always had great customer service

Equipment quality (Motorola) can be flaky at times. But I've been a customer for 15 years and they sent me a 630 to replace the third 500 PVR that had gone south in 4 months for a very reasonable price.

Love the idea that I can leave a call-back number without growing mushrooms from my telephone earpiece being held too close to my head.

The latest iteration (600 series) seems to be fairly solid. A relative did the G1 LNB upgrade and basically has not very much to show currently for it. Cost $$ and got not many new channels, but lots of opportunities to "upgrade" to HD locals.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-11-06, 11:19 AM
Veteran

It depends where you are and what non-local packages you have.

There is a small handful of channels added in the SD local range, which anybody should get.

Some normal specialty channels should be HD, like YTV, Lifetime, normal Discovery, and a few others.

At least for my Ontario locals, CHCH and TVO are now available in HD.

But I got upgraded to X-Ku, a 605 and a 600, for the turn on and couple months preview of the added G1 channels. You might not gain much now upgrading to a G1 capable system.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2014-11-06, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

I switched back because too many super sports game were not being shown or shown without audio I gave up MLB Extra innings and NCAA packages when leaving Eastlink but the NFL & NHL packages on Shaw are more reliable.

Considered Bell Express vu but I still had the Shaw dish on my house all I needed was the new LNB and some new digital boxes you might say I made the lazy choice.

I do intend to beg them for Extra Innings at least twice a year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in