Sunday Ticket details (2014 season)? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 12:49 PM
Rookie

Anyone who wants to watch redZone in Canada, just download the nfl now app and sign up. If you have Apple TV the app will be available soon on there so you can watch on TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 04:48 PM

well i hope they add the red zone but if they dont i hope we get the $30 add on for NHL option like last year !!
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 05:25 PM

NFL Now is now on apple tv.
As for Chromecast:
"Thank you for your interest in NFL Now on Chromecast. We are currently working to bring our app to this platform and expect to have it available very soon. Please check NFL.com/now or your devices app store in the coming days for availability. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the NFL Preseason!"

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 07:54 PM
Rookie

Rpokane are you sure it's on canada Apple TV?

It's just apple.ca don't have it listed in their Apple TV apps on the apple website but the us apple store does have nfl now listed. I read in a few articles that nfl now would be available on Apple TV Canada. Can anyone who has Apple TV in Canada confirm nfl now is on it?
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 08:10 PM

Double checked. Am on Canada service
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 08:22 PM
Rookie

Awesome I'll be purchasing Apple TV this week. Strange it's not on the apple site.im sure it will be updated
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-23, 11:04 AM

I downloaded the NFL Now App and bought the subscription but see no mention of RedZone. When is it supposed to be available? They currently have special freeviews of RedZone during the preseason.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-24, 11:11 AM

According to app store description it will become available week 1. I hope so anyway!!
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-24, 11:35 AM

The best place to discuss RedZone options other than Shaw Direct is the NFL thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=2224642
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-05, 08:44 PM

Check out channel 176 and this:
http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/pro...lsundayticket/

Price has increased for NFLST but now includes RZ
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-05, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

So they've managed to reacquire RZ (and based on what I've read in the Bell forums, Bell had dropped it but now it's back -- so it does seem like the NFL pulled it, but caved in at the last second).

So with that, Shaw Direct has managed to offer the exact same thing they offered last year except they've marked it up by 20% from $199 to $239. And it seems RZ only isn't an option, according to that page. And actually I just read the small print at the bottom of that page and the RZ feed is not available on the app this year either. So we're still getting less than last year for 20% more money.

And the icing on the cake is they still aren't offering the NFL/NHL combo so they still expect me to throw another ~$200 on top for Centre Ice next month? Last year it was $199 for ST+RZ and an extra $30 for Centre Ice. So $229 for it all. This year they want $239 for ST+RZ plus I'm guessing somewhere in the neighbourhood of $200 for Centre Ice?? Even if we call it $400 for it all this year, which would seem to be the low end, that's a 75% increase. Ouch!!

I think it's going to be ST and no CI this year then. I'm definitely not paying 75% more for both of them. If I have to choose one, I will reluctantly pay the 20% increase for ST and live with the national only games on Rogers for hockey. Bring on the football!
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-06, 05:28 AM

Somebody has to pay for the new satellite
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-08, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
So they've managed to reacquire RZ (and based on what I've read in the Bell forums, Bell had dropped it but now it's back -- so it does seem like the NFL pulled it, but caved in at the last second).

So with that, Shaw Direct has managed to offer the exact same thing they offered last year except they've marked it up by 20% from $199 to $239. And it seems RZ only isn't an option, according to that page. And actually I just read the small print at the bottom of that page and the RZ feed is not available on the app this year either. So we're still getting less than last year for 20% more money.

And the icing on the cake is they still aren't offering the NFL/NHL combo so they still expect me to throw another ~$200 on top for Centre Ice next month? Last year it was $199 for ST+RZ and an extra $30 for Centre Ice. So $229 for it all. This year they want $239 for ST+RZ plus I'm guessing somewhere in the neighbourhood of $200 for Centre Ice?? Even if we call it $400 for it all this year, which would seem to be the low end, that's a 75% increase. Ouch!!

I think it's going to be ST and no CI this year then. I'm definitely not paying 75% more for both of them. If I have to choose one, I will reluctantly pay the 20% increase for ST and live with the national only games on Rogers for hockey. Bring on the football!
Sounds like you want the full ST experience, but if you only want Redzone as a standalone, it is available to CDN's via NFL Now for 4.99/month. Season is 4 months, so Redzone for $20 is pretty good. I watched it yesterday on NFL Now via both my iphone and my laptop hooked to TV and it works great. No lag, or buffering, or choppy images etc. Just FYI, for people who are interested in Redzone only, there is this other option.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-08, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

If NFL Now and the NFL Game Pass apps supported Chromecast, I'd be all over it. I figure by next year they will so that's where I'm heading, I do believe.

For this year, I'm still on the fence. Really if Shaw Direct just offered the same NFLST/NHLCI combo as last year then I'd be happy. Really, I want both packages, but I can't justify paying a 75% increase over last year's cost for them. Game Pass season is $145 (accessed thru unblock-us), but no Chromecast support. Just need to determine if I'm willing to pay an extra $100 to have access to ST+RZ thru the satellite receiver. I've got until Sunday to decide...
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-09-08, 02:59 PM

Can you just use your laptop to hook to TV via HDMI, as opposed to a steaming device like chromecast? I did that yesterday and it looks great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in