Sunday Ticket details (2014 season)? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-17, 11:31 PM

I know, redzone is the greatest channel ever. Its like crack. With no commercials it made even bathroom breaks disruptive. Im seriously bummed out by this. I just dont get why Shaw has dumped it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 12:06 AM
Rookie

Thumbs down

Found out from Bell that redzone is no longer available on bell, I was told by two different operators that the NFL chose not to give redzone option to bell. They said if they could they would offer the channel. I said Rogers still have it as an option on their page and they said maybe Rogers don't know yet. I want to switch to Rogers but it's risky... It's either that or game pass...
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 12:07 AM
Rookie

FYI I spoke to Rogers today and they said they have it available so who knows

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 12:07 AM

Maybe Shaw figures no one wants redzone traditionally anymore with the introduction of NFL now app on itunes and android. For $5 a month u get access to redzone channel in canada. Whoop!!
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 12:36 AM
Rookie

You can get redzone for 5 a month through nfl now?
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 10:02 AM

In canada ya. Download nfl now app from app store or i guess google play for android devices. Looks like the app is available on xbox and a few other devices as well.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 10:41 AM
Rookie

Awesome, I can't see it on the app but it says it's available on the app review, I was going to buy gamepass but this will be much cheaper.!

Do you know where the redzone channel is on the app or does it only appear on Sundays?
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 03:50 PM
Rookie

just saw that redzone begins when the season starts, ill hook it up to my apple tv, wayyyyyyyyy cheaper than shaw or rogers
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 09:15 PM

Ya pretty stoked about it. Itll appear as a live feed option once the season starts. I tweeted shaw direct about redzone and they said NFL did not offer it to them this year so they were unable to offer it to customers as a result.

Bell now also has pulled redzone it looks like. I wonder if NFL has pulled redzone from the major providers in attempt to get cdns to get it via nfl now app. They probably hope people will just keep the 5/m service all year round
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-18, 09:18 PM

Sorry i keep saying "app" but you can access NFL Now via your computer as well
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-19, 07:13 PM
JES

Joining this thread--I was super bummed to read Bell -- at least in Quebec -- is no longer carrying NFL Red Zone. My wife usually prefers that to the actual games most Sundays.
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-19, 08:17 PM

"NFL Network & NFL RedZone is only available in the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands). But you still have the chance to get unlimited online access to live, HD broadcasts of all the best games from the preseason AND the entire regular season with NFL Game Pass."

Interesting text on the GamePass site:
NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Mexico, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths. Additional blackout restrictions apply in Canada. Blacked-out games will be made available on demand in the NFL Game Pass archives shortly after their original telecast. Game broadcasts included in the service are available only in English. NFL Network is not available in Canada. For a full description of device-specific features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ.

"NFL Network is not available in Canada." ???

Something is going on here... and I suspect Bell/CTV/TSN is behind it. They have the Cdn contract and are trying to bastardize it.
I'm sure NFL would love to sell NFL RZ here as in past years, but Bell greed is taking place and forcing the entire package on us in order to get RZ. Note the Bell Sat site mentions RZ as an add-on. So, if you want RZ, go Bell. That seems to be the current situation.
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 10:07 AM

^^^Maybe Bhell is holding RZ hostage since Robbers now have a strangle hold on the NHL. If this is true, then SD is going to really feel the pain from all this.
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 10:19 AM

Exactly.
If you want NFL, go Bell.
If you want NHL, go Rogers.
If you want the most HD, go Shaw Direct
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 2014-08-20, 01:33 PM
JES

I just called Bell. If it matters, I'm in Quebec. The rep told me they no longer carry the Red Zone. Now I need to see if there's a way to get the games in HD without the Sunday ticket via the internet. Any idea what kinds of blackout restrictions are in effect for Canada via Game Pass?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in