Missing Channels "Waiting for signal" - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-08, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Missing Channels "Waiting for signal"

I just activated 2 receivers(630 & 600) both used. Using a xku LNB. After i activated them they were working, i then disconnected them to hide wires etc. The 600 will not work at all says "Waiting for signal" same thing it said before it was activated. The 630 is working but im missing channels, they say "waiting for satellite signal". I can go back later and the channel is back but lost others. The signal is 95%. I aligned the dish myself, is it miss aligned? I aligned using the "B SAT", then locked it down, so is that all you do to receive all 3 satellites? Installed new all new cables, a couple may be close to 150' including what i prewired in walls. I left long so i can hide them in basement ceiling when i get a chance to fish them through. Does it matter if my cables go through a distribution block, i prewired all rooms in house to the basment for easy access, had no troubles for cable TV. Any help would be appreciated .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-08, 04:38 PM
Veteran

My guess is you need to replace your distribution block with a proper multiswitch and then run pairs from the multiswitch to the receivers . Pairs if you want pvr possibilities at each termination.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-09, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

630 is working fine all channels are working after I left the receiver plugged in to satellite dish. But my 600 can't even see the satellite now, the cable is fine I tested it on other receiver. Does it need to be hit by shaw again?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-10, 06:54 PM

You can go to the Shaw Direct Web site and log in yourself into "My Account" and give yourself a hit. You don't have to phone. I suggest when you do, you should put the 600 on CityTV HD. Channel 252 on the older numbers. I'm not sure why, it's just something I recall.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-10, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I called they hit me and all is good now
Thx
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-10, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

My 600 has black screen again, signal is great 98% on my other receivers, third time in 4 days it needs to be hit again. Why does this keep happening? The 600 doesn't even show the satellite signal at all but my sat finder and other receivers say it has signal. Shaw rebooted it and left on 292 for 10min and it com back. Anyone know why this is happening and what can I do.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-11, 10:57 AM
Rookie

Did you replace the distribution block with a multiswitch?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-11, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

It's not a distribution block just female to female connector
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-06-12, 02:29 AM
Veteran

If you don't have 2 cables to the 630 independently and a cable to the 600 independently without other branches going elsewhere from the same connections, then you won't get anything good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in