Shaw Direct 2014 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-15, 11:50 PM

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11
MovieTime HD is on channel 137 & 250 (Classic) / 343 & 637 (Advanced).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryE View Post
MovieTime HD is only available to those who have a 600 series receiver. It's delivered in MP4 format.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-17, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp01 View Post
if I downgrade my package and I have recorded programs on my 630 on channels that I will be losing. Will I lose the ability to watch those shows even though I recorded them when I was a subscriber
To answer my own question -

I downgraded my programming package last week and, yes, I can still watch a show I had taped previously on a channel I now no longer subscribe to.
post #78 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-24, 07:28 PM

I understand where MovieTime HD should be, and I'm using 600 and 605's... I was really asking if it's available to me in HD while I'm on Digital Lite when paying for it in SD using a Take Two configuration? Or do you only get the HD version in a higher monthly package? If I should be getting it, I was going to call into support and suggest I have a Vcode mapping issue, but I'd rather not call in and deal with that unless it's the case.

Thanks
Byron

post #79 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-25, 12:00 AM

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11
I believe you must have a package that includes "English Essentials" to get the MovieTime HD channel included with SD subscription; so, a higher package than Digital Lite.

Canada's Best no extra cost HD channel lineup.
Must be subscribed to a package that includes English Essentials and equivalent standard-definition channel (if available) to receive high hefinition (HD) version.
post #80 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-25, 12:21 PM

Thanks - Understood. Appreciate your help.

Byron
post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-27, 08:08 PM

Just saw that there will be a 6 percent increase coming in January 2015. Every year these clowns jack their prices an unreal amount. Time to cancel.
post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-27, 09:35 PM

Question about the OVP

I have the grandfather clause with the OVP and i was wondering something .

Right now , I'm able to Watch two channels who doesnt appear on my guide .

they are Disney XD ( 070 ) and Nat Geo Wild ( 092 ), I have the feed ( Image and sound ) but no matter how much i want too , they are not showing up on the guide .

I called Shaw Direct a few times and they dont understand why i have this problem . Last time i called the guy told me that i wasnt suppose to have those Channels ( not part of the OVP ) and he could always talk to his supervisor , making sure that i would lose the feed for good.

So my question is , are those channels part of the OVP or not ??
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-28, 06:34 PM

sports addict: i don't know the answer to your question, but a work around to your problem is to create a custom channel list with only the channels you receive (including disney xd and NG Wild) and under options, show unsubscribed channels
post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-28, 07:07 PM
Veteran

OVP channels

I am still with OVP and I receive Nat Geo Wild HD

The new guide with the 630 greys out the channel as not subscribed but you can choose and select any channel to be seen or not with the 600 series guide. I don't know about Disney but CTV2 Calgary also shows unsubscribed but I selected it to be shown in the guide because I can receive it.
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-11-29, 12:22 AM

CTV2 ALberta used to be Access Alberta (education station and is not encrypted). I think even a non=subscribed Shaw Direct satellite box can watch that channel in SD.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 2014-12-12, 05:57 PM

Is the old OVP package (listed as extra value pack and digital value pack) still the best channel package available? Is it possible to drop some channels out of either bv those bundles to reduce my monthly cost?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in