Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Order a PPV With A Remote Control

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  stephimoe 
#1 ·
I tried following Shaw's directions "to activate your Instant Pay Per View account" on a 630:

https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/ppv/aboutppv.asp#activate

Three separate phone calls to customer support and 3 failed attempts to get a report back under options 4-3-3.

The fourth call was escalated to technical support. You can not order a PPV with your remote if you have a XKU LNB, you have to phone your request in to Shaw.

You would think Shaw would update their CSR's and website. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Yeah, we have xKu and are able to at will with any of our receivers. I know that we definitely have xKu, seeing as I did the full installation - hah.

I'd contact Shaw and tell them that their technical department is smoking something pretty herbal. There should be no issue, and they might just be covering up for a faulty modem or something of the sort.

#7 ·
A lot of the technicians are new and don't know about issues that are not in their database. They tend to try and fabricate and explanation rather than telling customers that they haven't the foggiest about what they're talking about.

If you want to PM me your phone number or account number, I'll pass it off to your province's supervisor so they can call you and get a better understanding of the issue.

Cheers.

#10 ·
Well, here's all the information I can give from the reply:

1) With the 9.22 software version customers are not able to order via the phone line on a 630. They would need to call it in or use VOD if it’s set up.

2) At this time the call centre representatives are correct. Unfortunately, not much can be done until a fix is found.

So, it looks like we will see a fix coming within the next few months. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the 605, but the 630 is having an issue with the software.

If any other information is passed down, I'll make sure to let you know.

Sorry that I could not be of much help!

#15 ·
Since it's been proven you can "activate your Instant Pay Per View account" on a 630 and order PPV's on channels 960 to 966 then obviously my 630 has issues. All 4 attempts of Shaw to send a signal to activate the Instant Pay Per View have failed to get a report back under options 4-3-3. I disconnected the phone line from the 630 and connected it to a phone and got a dial tone so the issue is not the phone line. It appears a 630 replacement is in order.

#17 ·
You are absolutely correct. I could only pull the TV stand out so far from the wall and was looking at the receiver from an angle. I didn't see the telephone jack on the far side and had the telephone line connected to the RJ45 jack. I feel so dumb right now.

Thank you for your suggestion, it is appreciated.

#18 ·
I can tell you that on my 630, it cannot do a report back successfully even though the phonne line works (call display works fine). I also don't have the option to even order a movie with my remote, and I do have IPPV activated. Asked twitter rep and he said ability to order ppv with remote has been disabled and have to call it in. Fee of $1 is waived now for this as a result.

#21 ·
I take it back. Looks like I do now have option to order with remote but only on 960-966. After 966 there is no option to order with remote. Weird, especially since I still cant do reportback. Why allow ability to order PPV on only certain channels and have no way to report this back so my account is charged? Or maybe if i try to buy on those channels it will fail? Havent got that far as I dont want to actually order a PPV to test te system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.