Order a PPV With A Remote Control - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 06:11 PM

There is also a RJ45 for network connection on these receivers isn't there? Any chance you have the phone line plugged into the wrong jack on the receiver?

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

You are absolutely correct. I could only pull the TV stand out so far from the wall and was looking at the receiver from an angle. I didn't see the telephone jack on the far side and had the telephone line connected to the RJ45 jack. I feel so dumb right now.

Thank you for your suggestion, it is appreciated.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 10:07 PM

I can tell you that on my 630, it cannot do a report back successfully even though the phonne line works (call display works fine). I also don't have the option to even order a movie with my remote, and I do have IPPV activated. Asked twitter rep and he said ability to order ppv with remote has been disabled and have to call it in. Fee of $1 is waived now for this as a result.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-02, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

So now we have come full circle. Until the issue is fixed you can not order a PPV on a 630 with your remote if you have a XKU LNB.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
You are absolutely correct. I could only pull the TV stand out so far from the wall and was looking at the receiver from an angle. I didn't see the telephone jack on the far side and had the telephone line connected to the RJ45 jack. I feel so dumb right now.

Thank you for your suggestion, it is appreciated.
Don't feel bad, the CSR at Shaw D that you called doesn't feel bad even though it should have been on their list of things to have you check.

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-03, 01:18 PM

I take it back. Looks like I do now have option to order with remote but only on 960-966. After 966 there is no option to order with remote. Weird, especially since I still cant do reportback. Why allow ability to order PPV on only certain channels and have no way to report this back so my account is charged? Or maybe if i try to buy on those channels it will fail? Havent got that far as I dont want to actually order a PPV to test te system
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 2013-09-05, 04:04 AM

Eventually you will have a successful reportback and you will be charged for the "successful" ordering of a PPV event on Channels 960-966 on your 630 via remote control.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 2018-03-10, 05:49 PM

Hi... My 605 has IPPV activated but my 630 does not... Can someone tell me how to do a report back with the 630 on firmware version 51.01, or is this even an option with this firmware???

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in