Shaw Direct in my RV - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 03:25 PM

Shaw Direct

With Shaw Direct's Seasonal Break service, you can put your account on hold for up to six months when you're on vacation.
Simply tell us when you're leaving, and when you're planning to return. We'll suspend your programming and billing on your departure date, and automatically reconnect it for you upon your return, hassle free and no cost.

Requirements to qualify for a Seasonal Break:

Services may be suspended for a minimum of 14 days to a maximum of 180 days in a 12 month timeframe
Upon Seasonal Break request, you must commit to an automatic reconnect date within the 180 day period
All promotions and grandfathered packages are removed and cannot be re-added after your Seasonal Break
Account must be current - Seasonal Break will not be processed until the overdue balance is cleared

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 03:28 PM

OK, great.
Tell me, can a person do that for only 1 of their Shaw services or would they have to suspend ALL their services.
Not really important in my case since Sat TV would be my only Shaw service, just curious.
Thanks
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 05:14 PM
JCM

Set up a separate dish or input to the receiver that you use in your motorhome. Then just disconnect it and take it out to your motorhome and hook it up in the house. It will then stay alive. Then disconnect it when traveling but try to set it up every day so that it can stay activated. Don't order movies etc. while on the road.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 08:24 PM

That's what I do with my TELUS sat service.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-05, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Post shaw rv dish Installation

Hello . This will be the first time we are having a shaw dish installed at out campsite lot .
Our Rv has an antenna currently and concearn is when the dish is installed do they drill a whole in your RV ?
to place the coaxial cable through ?? or do they just remove your antennae and use the hole from their .
As I know drilling extra holes in RV's are not considered good ideas
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-05, 03:08 PM
Rookie

this was my recent conversation with shaw ...I found it strange that the guy was aiming to tell me that opn seasonal my home has to be shut off as well and not using . As of course common sense tells you the home would be the primary using year round . But he alos seems to have a bad attitude .

Live Assistance
Customer chat
Mute sound. Print the Transcript Send an 'Off The Record' message End the Chat Disconnect
François (Listening)
François: Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct Online Chat Support! This is François from our eCare department, how are you today?
simone tunzi: Hello I have a question . I just set up yesterday an appt for an installation in our rv .
But I saw on a forum their is something called an rv rate ?
where you can have serive at home and also in your rv ? just curious .

François: Hi Simon, no need to copy your question again, it was already well received.
François: Do you have an existing account number with Shaw Direct ?
simone tunzi: ok asy as usually people always ask me the same question over again ! so its weird if they see it they ask me the same thing]
François: Or an order number at this time?
simone tunzi: I just actuvates as stated yesterday
François: We can certainly look into the 2nd Home promotions if you are looking to have services in several locations
simone tunzi: I wanted to know the info to see what is best thanks
simone tunzi: thats it
François: Ok? Well are you looking to have services in multiple locations?
For example: Your primary residence and an RV ?
simone tunzi: this good be a bad idea ....but yes just GENERAL INFO !! no changes or anything as yet . a house and then an rv which is just seasonal
François: Ok, well you can have a regular account at the primary residence.
And our 2nd Home promotion allows a 50% discount on the cost of the package on the 2nd location (in this case the RV).
simone tunzi: so for example the small tv package is 40 something and then the rv would be 50 percent off its MSF and at the same time during seaosnal breaks for 6 months no charge msf on the rv
François: That's correct. Please note the 2nd Home account cannot be on while the primary is on seasonal break.
simone tunzi: okay so what your saying is when we then place the rv on seasonal break we cant use our home account
simone tunzi: wekk that would not work
simone tunzi: okay thanks all the info I need to know
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-06, 02:33 AM
Veteran

That is not what he said at all. What he said was you cannot have your home on seasonal break while using your RV account.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-06, 02:57 PM
Veteran

All you need to do is move the receiver from the home to the RV when using it in the RV. Both the home and RV will need to have the same type of LNB or there may be compatibility issues that involve calling Shaw. The service could be transferred from the home to the RV and back again if only one is needed. That's a lot of red tape for simply moving the receiver though. If receivers in both the home and RV need to be active at the same time, that's where the 2nd Home promotion comes in.

I see nothing wrong with the CSR's "attitude." He is simply stating company policy. The 2nd Home promotion policy is forced on them by broadcasters. Shaw once offered 2nd residence receivers for free but cable companies and broadcasters complained to the CRTC, citing unfair competition and lost revenue. At least Shaw offers a 50% discount. Most BDUs charge full price for the second location.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-06, 07:50 PM
Veteran

ExDilbert is right. I keep forgetting that you can just take a receiver to the RV because I have cable at home and I can't do that. It is quite positive that I can have cable at home and half price satellite in the RV, which also gets to be on vacation for 6 months.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-13, 01:56 AM

Does Shaw Direct still work south of the border?
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 2018-05-13, 11:28 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
@shutterbug59 : It all depends on how far south, your location (east or west), which dish you have, etc. See the following thread on the topic and the links in post one of that thread, as well as the recent posts.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-s...-post-1-a.html

You'll also notice that the situation is changing constantly regarding which channels are, or are not, available, etc.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in