DSR 315 issues - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-07-02, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

DSR 315 issues

Anyone still have one of these puppies? The one we have for our refrigerator-top TV has been giving me issues ever since we got it a few years ago for another failing receiver. When it was first hooked up, the satellite indicator flashed non-stop. The technician who activated it said it was normal and to ignore it. After the guide populated, I couldn't change channels so I called back in and a second technician had me re-set it. Well ever since then, it has been doing the same thing but at very strange intervals. I will check and the indicator is flashing so I either have to do a front panel reset... or completely unplug it... and then eventually it will settle down. When the indicator is flashing, I can view the channel I am on, but can't change the channel or even bring up the guide. Sometimes a reset is good for fifteen minutes... sometimes it is good for weeks on end. Anyone experience anything similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-07-02, 08:36 AM
Veteran

I have and still use one (downcycled it to work room , from full time duty as a TiVo source). It should or may briefly change to red when you change channels and switch and stay green as the signal locks.

If it is constantly blinking, you have a signal problem or the receiver is faulty (I have a dodgy 301 that did that, worse in the summer).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-07-08, 03:45 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Sat 600-630 Cable Internet, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Bell Mobility, Netflix
I have one and it would not load the guide properly. I retired it before getting around to fixing it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-07-08, 07:07 PM

I have a 305 which is the same size. Not sure what the difference between 305 and 315 is. Mine was okay before being replaced by a 505. It is now collecting dust in the basement.

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-07-09, 09:24 AM
Veteran

More or less, the 315 has full buttons, and is black or near black. Its style mimics the 505. The 315 also has S-video out digital/optical audio, and 2-rows of A/V RCA connectors. It has the security upgrade slot on the back. It was the last full feature legacy line receiver.

The 305 has only a power button, in a browny grey case (first ones anyway), and may or may not have just one row of A/V. Some are known to have S-video and optical audio.
It was a replacement for the more basic 301, which was big with a lot of extra space.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in