Map Status line F: - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-19, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Map Status line F:

On my DSR-600 when I go camping in my RV I'll set it up and line up the dish. It works almost immediately without the guide, then the guide comes on normally after loading.

Then I turn off everything at the power bar, and a few hours later or the next morning when I turn it all back on again it's slow loading and when I go through Status on Line F it says Map Status 00-4321 loading. It'll take anywhere between 10 mins and half an hour to complete.

It didn't used to do it and only started a few weeks ago. What causes that?

Oftentime, I turn on just the DSR-600 a while before turning on the TV thinking that it will load up at the Map Status. A half hour later when I turn on the TV it still hasn't loaded up the Map Status. It seems to only load up the Map Status when the TV is on.... In other words the second question is: does the TV have to be on for the DSR-600 to load the Map Status?

Thanks,

Gordon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-20, 10:02 AM
Veteran

No, just that the receiver power.

If you are powering from a battery and inverter, you can get or make a 12V DC cord for it, and power it from the battery directly.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-20, 11:11 AM
Veteran

It sounds like the receiver is having a problem loading the map; the zeros preceding the 4321 indicate that the map is not fully loaded. My current map status (xku classic lineup) is 747-4321. Even if I reboot my 630, the map status still shows as 747-4321: existing, and does not have to reload.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-22, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

I'll have to move the DSR-600 into the house and hook up there and see if there's any difference. If it's the same then I'll call ShawDirect on it as it's new from them a couple of months ago. Right after I got it new for the first month out there RVing there was no problem until a few weeks ago.

Would it make any difference if it's inverter powered to 110V from the battery's 12V or hooking up directly with a 12 volt DC lighter style plug in cord?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-22, 11:45 AM
Veteran

You won't get inverter losses powering it direct. They generally lose 10% or more. The PSU likely is less than 10% loss.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-22, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I guess that's kind of like when recharging my Blackberry....when doing it on the car or RV, it seems to charge to full quickly enough, but later on it just drops from almost full to the "battery dead" warning.... if charging the Blackberry in the house the charge lasts a lot longer.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2013-06-23, 09:57 AM
Veteran

No, that likely is different.

Power supplies, switch mode converters, brick/wart supplies, and inverters consume some energy in there operation that doesn't make it to the load. That is usually lost as heat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in