SD LNB, Split from New Channels - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

SD LNB, Split from New Channels

I tried using Shaw's online form last week to get my lnb upgrade but I never got a response, so I called and they were able to book the installation next business day. I got the lnb for free but had to pay $25+tax for the installer to come out and swap the lnbs.

Now I'm curious to see what will happen to my simsub situation because my receivers have been opted out from the extended/unnecessary Global/City simsubs. I'm expecting I will lose that when the new codes are sent tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 01:17 PM
Rookie

I just got an email response from Shaw regarding pricing for the new LNB. Was seriously PO'ed when I read it though.

"You will be required to have one of our 6XX series receivers (in which we see that you already have one of on the account) and our new triple look LNBF (this can see all three satellites simultaneously). We do have the option to upgrade the dish/LNBF for you and the reduce upgrade fee would be $50.00+ tax (installation included). If you wish to install this yourself you are more than welcome to do so if you are comfortable however this would still be a $50.00 fee."

WTF??? Guess everyone else is getting a deal straight from their local installer. Either a free LNB and a $50 install fee, or a $50 LNB. There has got to be a better deal than THAT!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 01:41 PM
Veteran

Their current deal on the website is $50 up front and then they give you a $50 PPV credit.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 03:43 PM
Rookie

i got the new lnbf installed free
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 04:24 PM

AbbyJane: Thanks for my laugh today. This inconsistency in pricing is a problem. We have a phone line connected to our Shaw Direct receivers. Why can't we just upgrade using our TV remote control with the order going in via that phone line. No hassles, no waiting for a CSR, and "One Price for All, comrades!", preferably free.

Sony TV, Clearstream [email protected]' high, CM-7777 30 dB preamp in 3-channel universe; 1.2m and 1m Ku dishes: 87/91/99/103W.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 04:27 PM

Hey yonzie1: what allowed you to get the LNB for free; does anyone know if SD is looking for long term accounts or something else to waive the $50?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 06:55 PM
Rookie

been a customer since 05 i think, also i upgraded my 315 or 318's 2 years ago in anticipation of the new bird, also told them i didn't think it was fair to pay 50 bucks as if i moved i'd get the new lnb free, also suggested that i was thinking about moving to the cable company(even tho, they don't carry CBOT.). not sure which got me it free tho
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 10:16 PM
Veteran

Your monthly amount may help also.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 10:56 PM
Rookie

i am on dig indulgence lite
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-11, 03:51 AM

Wink

Buy a new Shaw Direct Motorola High Definition Satellite Receiver (HDDSR 600)
For $50 and get a free xLNB installed for free,plus 50 bucks worth of PPV free.
From the shaw store or somewhere like Best Buy,
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...07been02,offer till June 13,so far.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-11, 09:16 AM

I got mine for free without having to say a word, the CSR just said it was free when i called in. I've been with SD for about 3-4yrs I believe and i'm OVP. But i do sub to NHL CI every year taking my bill from Oct to April to ~$100/month. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. I'm sure they knew they would have had to give it to me for free come Oct anyways, so why not just do it now.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 2013-06-11, 03:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys; I think I will use my long term commitment and the offers Telus sends me about every other day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in