HD On-Screen Guide - Page 23 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #331 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-26, 09:02 PM

Has anyone figured out how to access the hidden menus with this new guide?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-27, 08:01 PM

I used to be able to press a number then the FF button and it would jump ahead that many minutes (ex. 5 + FF = 5 minutes ahead).
This is no longer working for me, is there another way to do it (other than entering the time you want to go to and pressing play)?
post #333 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-27, 10:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochato View Post
Has anyone figured out how to access the hidden menus with this new guide?
Same as before...

Hidden menus... Options-4-9-7-7-1

Factory reset... Options-4-9-8-8-6

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!

post #334 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-27, 10:38 PM

I think this a bug as I dont know if anyone else has this problem.

In recording timers list if I select a show that is scheduled to tape and then use the function to see upcoming shows and then try to set a record this episode at some other time the unit will stop responding for a long time and will not actually set a timer to record that show.

Anyone noticed this?
post #335 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-28, 06:58 AM

Yes, I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

What *appears* to work is if you note the data/time of the episode you want, then go to the Guide, find that episode, then select "Record this airing" from the guide, and *don't* go back into the timers page. If you don't, it'll record. But if you do, that page will "reschedule" and remove your selection.

Brad.
post #336 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-28, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
I used to be able to press a number then the FF button and it would jump ahead that many minutes (ex. 5 + FF = 5 minutes ahead).
This is no longer working for me, is there another way to do it (other than entering the time you want to go to and pressing play)?
It must be a glitch in your receiver because this is still working for me. Try a reset.
post #337 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-28, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsmicro View Post
Yes, I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

What *appears* to work is if you note the data/time of the episode you want, then go to the Guide, find that episode, then select "Record this airing" from the guide, and *don't* go back into the timers page. If you don't, it'll record. But if you do, that page will "reschedule" and remove your selection.

Brad.
Thank you for confirming that this is indeed a bug and that I was not dreaming.
I also use that workaround to be able to manually set those recordings.

This guide is anything but 'smart' either. Tonight I had to manually tweak the recordings to be able to fit 6 shows that conflicted between from 8pm and 10pm.

Two of the shows did not have repeats (PBS) and the other four had repeats later in the evening, but because they had higher priority they took the timeslots and the PBS shows had no room.
If it was really 'smart' it would realize that the shows are on again at a later time and would change the schedule so everything would fit.

So piece of advice for you folks always make sure that your shows are taping.

I think the best option is to not use the option "record new episodes only".
That way it will allow the guide to pick the show at a later time without the "NEW" flag on it. Of course there will be ocasions where it will tape more episodes that you expected but at least you will have it recorded.
post #338 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-29, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
This still works for me as well. Try the reset as ronsnbrd suggested.
post #339 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-29, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochato View Post
Thank you for confirming that this is indeed a bug and that I was not dreaming.
I also use that workaround to be able to manually set those recordings.

This guide is anything but 'smart' either. Tonight I had to manually tweak the recordings to be able to fit 6 shows that conflicted between from 8pm and 10pm.

Two of the shows did not have repeats (PBS) and the other four had repeats later in the evening, but because they had higher priority they took the timeslots and the PBS shows had no room.
If it was really 'smart' it would realize that the shows are on again at a later time and would change the schedule so everything would fit.

So piece of advice for you folks always make sure that your shows are taping.

I think the best option is to not use the option "record new episodes only".
That way it will allow the guide to pick the show at a later time without the "NEW" flag on it. Of course there will be ocasions where it will tape more episodes that you expected but at least you will have it recorded.
I may need to start trying this "record all" vs "record new". Smart record def isn't recording as well as it used to before the HD guide software. Record new will record the same episode of a show 4x, not just once. "record all" may correct that.

BTW items higher in the priority will always take precedence over lower priority items. For u to make it work knowing the higher priority items had other showings you would have had to raise the priority of the other shows above these ones. Then all should have worked correctly.
post #340 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-29, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_source View Post
This still works for me as well. Try the reset as ronsnbrd suggested.
Tried that, no luck. Very strange...not a big deal, but I wonder why it would quit working for me?
post #341 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-30, 09:19 AM

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11
@fatkev78 Press a number then press the skip forward or skip back button (not the FF button). This will skip forward/backward the number of minutes.
post #342 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-09-30, 05:51 PM

Ahhhh....that works. Thank you!
post #343 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-11-25, 10:05 AM

Noticed yesterday that a few of the channel logos have been changed (CTV News Channel to an old logo, BigTen Network and I think CNN HD both revert to monochrome). Not sure why. I noted to SD a while ago that Grace TV was now Daystar and this was updated. I also noted to them at the same time about OLN's logo and this was not updated. Seems very inconsistent.
post #344 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-11-25, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryE View Post
Same as before...

Hidden menus... Options-4-9-7-7-1

Factory reset... Options-4-9-8-8-6
This worked for me, then I asked myself why I did it since I don't understand a damn thing written there anyways.

Hitting exit before I blow something up. :-o
post #345 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-11-26, 06:37 PM
Veteran

I know it is intimidating, it takes some knowledge to interpret the screens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in