HD On-Screen Guide - Page 15 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #211 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Guy View Post
...I have loaded the new guide and set it up for my elderly father. He hates it. The main reason is the font used is not large or "heavy" enough as compared to the old version. He does have vision issues...
Hi Vinyl: Yes, you can adjust the font in the guide.
Go to preferences, then user settings & appearance then guide rows & font size.
You should be able to toggle through to select an appropriate font. I think 6-row large is the biggest.

Hope this helps.

Tq

p.s.: please disregard if someone has already answered this question, I haven't looked ahead.

Last edited by 57; 2014-08-01 at 10:59 AM. Reason: QS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster View Post
Sadly, that method claims to delete all recordings. Guess I'll have to wait for the prompt to appear again.
It doesn't delete recordings and all your settings are saved
post #213 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 03:31 PM

My recordings are intact - not deleted by the new guide.

It is scary to see that installation warning if one has not researched the subject on the internet or by calling Shaw. Shame on them for letting that get by their testers. I expect that they will be getting lots of irate callers on the subject.

The fonts, not controllable by the user, located at the upper left corner of the static screen are too small.

post #214 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 03:54 PM

Our 630's got the up-date last night July 31, 2014

Is there any way of closing the pre-view window thus stretching the guide as with the old guide hitting Guide the second time closed or opened the pre-view window?

Its certainly a move in the right direction and I hope it will be tweaked in the near future.
post #215 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
So here is the second reply from SD in regards to duplicate channels:

I have double checked and as of right now there is no way to remove the duplicate channels from the favorites list. As I said, we will be removing these eventually, but do not have a specific time line for that...
Thanks again.

Last edited by 57; 2014-08-01 at 05:12 PM. Reason: QS
post #216 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_source View Post
options -> preferences -> user settings and appearances -> programming colour: change this to full colour. It's still subtle but it's def nicer and more of what you are probably looking for.
I like that MUCH better - thanks for sharing!
post #217 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moehunter View Post
Is there any way of closing the pre-view window thus stretching the guide as with the old guide hitting Guide the second time closed or opened the pre-view window?
I'm wondering about this also -- I got the update last night. The guide is currently squashed on the left half of the screen with the right half of the screen is tied-up in the mortise and show info. I'm trying to move the whole guide to the right to have it full-screen, but I can't figure out if it's even possible. I'm currently slugging through the manual on the Web site, but so far it's not saying anything about this...
post #218 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 08:30 PM

That is the way it is supposed to be
post #219 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 09:01 PM

Oh my God! Am I the only one who's having trouble with this guide? I tried to set up some recordings and -- I kid you not -- from the point where I pushed the "Record," it took over 30 seconds for it to set the recording. It was crazy! And I had a few overlaps...so I went to delete the recordings and it wouldn't delete the recordings I wanted. I deleted the event, it didn't work, I went into a secondary menu and deleted it, it didn't work. I finally was able to delete from that upcoming recordings area.

I went to my old 530 to set one of the recordings and it was like zap! zap! zap! Set! Easy. What were they thinking with this new guide?

And when I switch channels, the screen goes black for about five seconds before the show comes up, the ID comes up, but the screen is black.

I unplugged the 630 for five minutes, hoping that for some reason this would help what I'm experiencing...
post #220 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 12:11 AM
rlb

Haven't seen this mentioned yet.
The new guide finally allows you to channel surf properly. It will skip over the channels you lock out or are are not subscribed to.
post #221 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 12:13 AM
rlb

Quote:
Am I the only one who's having trouble with this guide
Seems that way. No problems here with two 630's and a 605.
post #222 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 07:50 AM

TheHans, May I suggest a reset? It doesnt sound like your 630 is behaving. Perhaps it didnt take the install correctly? I have experienced none of the issues you have mentioned. Sorry.

Shaw Direct DVR830 / DVR 605/ 605, Sony Xbr65" 950E", Sony XBR4 850d, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS4! WDLive
post #223 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
Haven't seen this mentioned yet.
The new guide finally allows you to channel surf properly. It will skip over the channels you lock out or are are not subscribed to.
Yes, I love the fact that it now not only skips the channels that you lock out in the guide, it also skips these channels when you channel surf.
I hated it when I was surfing channels and you hit one of the bookmark channels and it seemed to take forever to display the channel because it was a SD channel in the middle of HD channels. Then you had to wait again when you tuned to another HD channel. This is a PLUS for me.
post #224 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 11:53 AM

Is there a way to create a favorites list like on the old guide, I'ld like to eliminate the unwanted channels and duplicates
post #225 of 402 (permalink) Old 2014-08-02, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawguyg View Post
Is there a way to create a favorites list like on the old guide, I'd like to eliminate the unwanted channels and duplicates
Go to Favorites add new user. Then select user then switch to then permission then edit channel list. There is no way right now to remove duplicate channels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in