new firmware 9.22 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-22, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Question new firmware 9.22

My 630 pvr got a new firmware update last night to version 9.22
Does anyone else have this update yet, and if so, does anyone know what the difference from 9.15 is.,,, thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 12:10 AM
Veteran

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...4&postcount=96

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 12:52 AM

Moderators should probably go to that 9.15 topic and cut all of the 9:22 posts into this one titled 9.22.

IMHO

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 04:20 PM

Ever since the "Upgrade" to 922, my 630 errors on VOD service ( An unexpected VOD error has occured. Please try again later). Have not been able to stream a movie since. Anybody else?
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 09:08 PM

Video blackout

I got audio but no video after the update last night while watching a live show. First time ever. Reboot fixed for now.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 11:38 PM
QCK

The receivers still reboot for no apparent reason with this update

Well really I know the reason, poor programming code with does not handle the memory well. I just keep wishing they would hire someone to fix the poor programming code to avoid these reboots. Even just some properly added error handling code would probably solve this issue with these receivers. Maybe someday eh sigh.....
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 03:31 PM

Weather crap here today wife I decided to watch a movie on VOD when finally picking our movie the 630 reciever shutdown and went into reset mode. When that finally finished tried again and got unexpected error try again later. Have tried several times and still not working. A bit frustrating as purchased ready Net and was to get 8 movies free, but have to be watched by the end of this month still have 5 to go.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 07:33 PM

I have noticed on my system that if I order a certain program and I only watch part of it that it is now located in the "My Orders" on the menu. If I try to order it again I get the unexpected VOD error message. If I wish to watch the remainder of this program I have to go to "My Orders" in order to do so. I don't think it is possible to watch it by ordering it again until it expires from the "My Orders" on the menu bar. It must be watched by using the "my Orders" icon.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 09:30 PM

I've also notice in the past that if I order a VOD HD show but then my internet slows down so I can't watch it, I cannot order the SD version until my original HD order expires.

That was 2 code updates ago. Maybe this has been resolved.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 10:44 PM

Great!!!!!

Well I received the new download and now here is what is going on with my 630;

- picture freeze with audio continuing - reboot fixes it.
- automatic reboots every two days
- message indicating that "Satellite Signal is lost" Check other receiver in bedroom (505) and it is working. Reboot fixes 630
- while watching one program and recording another the recorded program has pix elation, audio/video drops
- when recording two programs at the same time they are both broken up by audio/vido drops and pix-elation.

What the hell is SD doing???? I have just about had it with these morons.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 11:00 PM

Im liking this version very much.
No issues and/or reboots yet.

And I feel that the receiver is alot more responsive and feels faster too.
Thumbs up from me so far.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 11:24 PM

Do you want to trade I can't still get it working, going to call tomorrow and drop the VOD unless they have an answer. You sure wouldn't want to invite anyone over to watch a movie.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 11:30 PM

I have resisted purchasing a 630. I see so many complaints on this forum that I will not waste money on one. We had promises for many years on how Shaw Direct was going to update and fix the 530. It NEVER happened. Then the 630 arrives on the scene touted as the most advanced PVR in Canada. What a crock!!!
In the year 2020 they will still be trying to fix the 630......that is if something they will probably call the 730 has not already made an appearance and been billed as the "Most advanced PVR in Canada".
The 630 still has most of the same issues as the old 530 and from what I read here, it has added some new problems.
I would like to have a good PVR but the 630 certainly does not warrant the money they want. Maybe I would buy one for $50. Naw.... it still would be a waste of $50.
Looks like the new 9.22 firmware is not helping.
I don't see too many problems on my 605 so I will stay with it until the 630 is functioning properly. Only problem is that it may take forever.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-24, 11:55 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up

These forums generally get people who have problems looking for solutions. Most of us 630 owners and I would be bold in saying maybe 98% of users, are quite happy with this unit and generally have no problems or just minor glitches here and there but nothing that would prevent me from buying one. Go ahead and buy one!

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 2013-05-25, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryE View Post
These forums generally get people who have problems looking for solutions. Most of us 630 owners and I would be bold in saying maybe 98% of users, are quite happy with this unit and generally have no problems or just minor glitches here and there but nothing that would prevent me from buying one. Go ahead and buy one!
I agree with you,for the most part I'm quite happy with my 630.
I did notice that if you let the hard drive fill up over 80%, you some times run into issues with the PVR playback.
We have talked about the importance of proper installation (grounding the dish and Sat cable) in other threads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in