HAFH & New LNB Install - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-17, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

HAFH & New LNB Install

We are at our HAFH location and I have brought my new LNB to install. Question is this is the first of my two locations to get the new LNB. Can I install it here call in to SD and have them switch my account over to the new LNB even if my home location still has the old LNB which I will change when I get home? I guess what I am looking for do I have to have both LNB's installed before I call SD or will my receivers take the code and then when I get home and swap LNB's will I be good to go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 01:16 AM

You will probably lose your SD channels, on the old LNB, if you call in. Over time, you'll lose them all. Your going to have to get your hands on another X-Ku band LNB.

Winegard PR8800, YA1713, Zenith7777 Preamp, 42" Aquos 120hz, Samsung UP5000 Blu Ray/HDDVD, C/Ku Band, Directv H21, 22.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

I have two XKu LNB's. No worries there. Just want to install here at the lake call in and get them to switch and then install the other LNB when I get home. Just want to make sure I don't have to have both LNB's installed before I make the call to SD.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 04:02 AM
Veteran

You can switch that location with the particular receiver and it will be updated.
When home and new lnb installed you can do the same.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 01:08 PM

Or call in and tell them you have replaced both LNB's at the same time so you don't have to call in again when you are back home. That is if it doesn't matter if you are missing some channels at home until you get the LNB there replaced.

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

That is what I have decided to do. Been on hold for over an hour. When I called in the automated message said wait times were approx 11 minutes. This is brutal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-18, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

2:38 to get the new lnb installed at my HAFH. CSR was a great person but I think they need more of them with those wait times. They could only do the receivers I have here at this location. Will have to go through this whole thing again when I get home to install the LNB on that dish.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2013-05-19, 02:17 AM
Veteran

Hard to reboot remotely?!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in