Shaw Direct Channel Moves - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-05-30, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

With all the new channels now added, I think Shaw Direct has to get rid of either the advanced or classic lineup even more so now than in the past. A channel like CTV Toronto now has 6 channel numbers: advanced SD, advanced HD old, advanced HD new, classic SD, classic HD new, classic HD old. Isn't that 3 too many??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-05-30, 10:42 PM

4 too many actually! Logically they would at minimum phase out the old HD locations after some advertising of the change.

-- Retired TELUS Employee so I Don't Speak for TELUS --
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-05-31, 11:19 AM
Veteran

For the advanced line-up Shaw Direct shoud eventually phase out the old HD channel number in the 300s, then move the sports channels from 105-139 to this range and finally move the locals from the 199-209 range down to the lower channel number 105 and up.

They should also consider re-arranging some of the french channels so that the Super Ecran channels are together and not channels appart.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-05-31, 09:54 PM
Rookie

I noticed there are no global or city simsubs on the HD channels in the 500's but there still simsubs in the 300's
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-07, 02:22 PM
Rookie

Windsor local CBC

I read somewhere that the CRTC is making Shaw carry the local CBC and CTV2 Windsor stations. Does anybody know if this is true? If it is when is it supposed to start and will it be part of the normal tv package.I have emailed Shaw asking these questions but I haven't received a reply.I miss the local news that these stations supply. Thanks
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-07, 03:54 PM
Veteran

CBET (CBC - Windsor) and CHWI (CTV Two - Weatley) are both available on Shaw Direct now but you have to have a 600 series receiver and a dish capable of getting reception from Anik G1
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-08, 02:38 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the update.I do have two 600 series receivers but what is a dish capable of getting reception from Anik G1. Is that the new satellite that was put into orbit? If so that means I would have to buy and install new dish, the one I have now is only 3 years old
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-08, 03:06 PM
Veteran

No, you don't have to replace the actual dish just the LNB on the end.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-09, 09:31 AM
Veteran

You need one of the elliptical dual look dishes, an X-Ku LNBF, and the proper V-code for your LNBF and receiver.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 09:24 PM

I've been away for a few weeks - and see that I am supposed to have the new channels. However, there is no change. I still have the same batch of channels, with the classic channel numbers (ie 292 for CBC HD). My receiver (630) does not believe that there are any channels between ch1 and 199. Is there something that I should do - such as reboot the receiver? I have an elliptical disk with a 4-output LNB that is 6 years old.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 2013-06-10, 09:27 PM

You need the new Xku LNB and a v-code change for the receiver in order to receive the new channels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in