Does this make sense - service run-around - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2013-04-23, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Does this make sense - service run-around

A couple of weeks ago my 605 receiver started shutting itself off and restarting intermittently. Once I counted 13 times within an hour. Called SD and went thru the regular turning off, unplugging, rebooting etc. Half hour later, its still doing its on-off. Called again and they scheduled a service call. Guy shows up a week later and changes the LNB to used one. Tells me he'll come back in a couple of days to put a new one on and if we're still having the problem, he'll change the receiver. Well, we were still having the problem, but he said he was only going to change the LNB. We were supposed to wait two days and see if the problem corrects. Apparently we were supposed to turn the receiver off at night so something could be downloaded. This is contradictory to what a previous service guy told us to keep the receiver on at all times. Anyways, two days pass, and still have the problem. Called again. This time we had to disconnect all wires, go thru the same unplug, reboot routine and was told to try it out. Five minutes later, it turns off. Called again, was told this time to take it downstairs and hook it up to the line there. We have a 600 in the basement and that one works fine. Was told to try that out for a bit. Luckily, the receiver turned off before hanging up and the rep FINALLY said he'll mail out a new receiver.

Why have we been given the run-around. I can see trying the easy fix first, but should not the service guy have figured it out. And to throw salt in the wound, we still have to pay $13 for shipping to get the new unit to us. Every call took over an hour. I remember once having an issue a few years ago and they sent out a replacement immediately. Fours hours of their time were wasted on this, two trips by the service guy to save on the cost of a $50 piece of equipment. Does not make sense to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2013-04-23, 07:45 PM
Veteran

Shaw is really cheap. Thats why.

It is reflected across the board....receivers.....channels available...customer support...etc ..etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in